joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever. So we should just dismiss all those mets who were calling for a big winter and had evidence to back it up as just hype? Okay, got you. No need to trust them. 

I'm not sure why I'm even trying but I will try again.  I am not talking about the winter season Brick.... Almost every time you reply to one of my posts you try and turn it into me saying I think mets were hyping this winter for no reason.  Find me one post where I said I thought that the winter forecasts released by mets this year were hyping stuff with no logic or reason to back it up and I'll stop posting for an entire week.  Good luck.

Marietta - can we just for the record get your stance after christmas, the pattern chance if any, and January as a whole? I'm not sure what your opinion is and can't be bothered to read through the bickering between webber and others. I just want to know where you stand.

i think alot of people are going to get burned on this so called pattern flip... a couple days ago models were showing a nice block but  now it is short lived..there are more model solutions hanging the cold up in the west.... so i dont know what the hype is... you give me a setup like the january 28th storm last year where there was snow on the ground for three days or more and temps didnt get above 30 degrees for 48 or more hours then ill get excited... but models are all over the place right now

I'm going to use this quote for a post in the pattern thread, so look out for some awesome maps.

Marietta - can we just for the record get your stance after christmas, the pattern chance if any, and January as a whole? I'm not sure what your opinion is and can't be bothered to read through the bickering between webber and others. I just want to know where you stand.

There will be a winter storm in the SE before 1/15/2014.  I think we end up with a string of storms to track from about 1/10/2014 through the end of Feb with a flip back to unfavorable in late Feb to early March.  I see a six week window of some rocking winter weather incoming.  I just think it's going to be a but long than some are thinking

There will be a winter storm in the SE before 1/15/2014. I think we end up with a string of storms to track from about 1/10/2014 through the end of Feb with a flip back to unfavorable in late Feb to early March. I see a six week window of some rocking winter weather incoming. I just think it's going to be a but long than some are thinking

Gotcha. I mean, I'd go to Vegas with that. It's not bad. I'm waiting for January myself, J-F as a whole has been showing up great on seasonals.

People need to have realistic expectations for winter. Understand your climo, get to know it well, but have realistic expectations. If you live down east in NC or in the low country/midlands, there's a reason last winter was so awesome. You can't get too mad about something that climatology argues will rarely happen. Winters like last year, they don't come around often. Hell, even I'm not expecting as much as I got last year in either cold or snow.

That 18z run of regular GFS was tempting with that insane Christmas low so far east. Got to love GFS sometimes...  :whistle:  

Looks like an icebox after truncation.  Unfortunately, it might be too much and result in cold/dry.  In any case, it won't happen, so no matter!

The PGFS looks a lot different, though.  Toasty.  I need help.  I shouldn't be looking at op models post-truncation.  :axe:

People need to have realistic expectations for winter. Understand your climo, get to know it well, but have realistic expectations. If you live down east in NC or in the low country/midlands, there's a reason last winter was so awesome. You can't get too mad about something that climatology argues will rarely happen. Winters like last year, they don't come around often. Hell, even I'm not expecting as much as I got last year in either cold or snow.

Don't go bringing logic into the discussion  :angry: 

:P  

Archived