joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving 2014 Inverted Trof Feature

TalcottWx

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I explained why I've completely fallin apart over the past couple of years. The old unexplainable mojo bonus that my neighborhood used to get (to the point where everyone in the neighborhood would talk about it because it was so obvious) is gone. And I still can't get over the radar durung the entite Fujiwawa in 3/2013 even though that was and very likely always will be my greatest weather prediction. Maybe this winter has a surprise for me to make up for this one.

Well I explained why I've completely fallin apart over the past couple of years. The old unexplainable mojo bonus that my neighborhood used to get (to the point where everyone in the neighborhood would talk about it because it was so obvious) is gone. And I still can't get over the radar durung the entite Fujiwawa in 3/2013 even though that was and very likely always will be my greatest weather prediction. Maybe this winter has a surprise for me to make up for this one.

I was remember those emphatic posts before you became so jaded....N CUMBERLAND RHODE ISLAND, THE SNOWCAPITAL OF SNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Every area goes through peaks and valleys relative to surrounding areas. Nobody will mention it, but the GC mojo from 2011 sort of stymied a bit when they were left too far west of the meat in Feb 2013 blizzard (even though they still did ok) and totally screwed in the Mar 2013 firehose event even ...they regained it this past storm.

In ORH, we went through a bit of a tough period relative to surroundings in the early 1990s (even though they sucked everywhere) and then again in the late 1990s.

Ray's area and up into SE NH had an epic shaft in 2009-2010 after doing really well relative to surroundings the previous couple winters...it happens. Stuff quickly evens back out though usually.

On the bright side guys - I just looked at my November stats.  The Only winters that I have plotted out (1992-1993 until now and some in the 40's) for ever storm that show more snow in November, are 2002-2003 and 1995-1996 and 2004-2005.  All solidly the 3 greatest winters of my life and Top 5 all-time probably (Though 2010-2011 was about as good as all those too and maybe as time goes on we will look more highly at that season.  I'd sign up for that every winter).  

So even with my meeeesly 1", 1.75", and 0.25" for 3 events and it almost all gone here at noon on the 28th, that's Serious serious company.  Like VVIP room badge level.  

Didn't you jackpot in the blizz of 78?

Every area goes through peaks and valleys relative to surrounding areas. Nobody will mention it, but the GC mojo from 2011 sort of stymied a bit when they were left too far west of the meat in Feb 2013 blizzard (even though they still did ok) and totally screwed in the Mar 2013 firehose event even ...they regained it this past storm.

In ORH, we went through a bit of a tough period relative to surroundings in the early 1990s (even though they sucked everywhere) and then again in the late 1990s.

Ray's area and up into SE NH had an epic shaft in 2009-2010 after doing really well relative to surroundings the previous couple winters...it happens. Stuff quickly evens back out though usually.

Ours up here has been the past two winters...although only slightly below normal those two winters, we seemed to have lost the "magic" to some degree, especially last winter.  I mean by the end of like 2011 everyone on here assumed every single cloud farted 6" of snow up here...but the past couple winters have sort of brought that back to reality.

So far though this winter is starting off more in the "better mojo" category with surprise snows and the postive bust. Granted its been the snowiest November of my life in any spot I've lived with close to 2 feet falling and I'll have to check, but I think I'll have had some sort of snow cover on the ground for almost 50% of the month.  That's hard to do in the valley even up here. 

The good and the bad seems to come and go from one area to another.  Guess that's what Climo is, lol.

So Now everyone NE and East of me has gotten snow. Had a nice drive last night in the Mood Snows but that has been the Only enjoyable 20 minutes of November. 0.25" Total that ended well before I woke up. 3" for the Month and ALL the snows from last night that you guys are raving about on how it looks is already Gone and the sun is eating at the remaining dusting of sleet. This Winter is equaling 11-12 and 06-07 right now.

1.8" for the month at Logan, so you win.

Archived