joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know people are focused on Wednesday, but things are really turning around on the models. The GEFS would imply big cold moving back into the US.

How so? All the big cold is on the other side of the pole and when the pattern flips it's not like Canada is gonna be really cold. No not trolling , I'm asking a serious question

How so? All the big cold is on the other side of the pole and when the pattern flips it's not like Canada is gonna be really cold. No not trolling , I'm asking a serious question

There is plenty of cold in Canada. It's December and they are very cold in the nrn part. Once you get that ridge poking towards the North Pole , it would establish flow right into the US.

There is plenty of cold in Canada. It's December and they are very cold in the nrn part. Once you get that ridge poking towards the North Pole , it would establish flow right into the US.

Do you see this happening before Xmas?

I think the normal push back a few days on models is at play, but the changes seem pretty legit at the ends of the runs.

Are the gefs pattern better looking than what we're seeing at the end of the op runs? I'm not impressed with the cold I' m seeing north of us at the end of these op runs. Example: 18z gfs has -10c at 850 as being the coldest in Canada which is lame imo. I'd like to br seeing between -20 anf -30 up there.

Archived