SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 15-18th looks more favorable now, 18z GFS shows a northern stream, some degree of arctic injection of energy, but mainly northern stream bowling ball Manitoba Mauler type of disturbance diving into MN, now we watch the rest of the model run to unfold to see what the model is seeing in this period, 7-10 day period.

What do you think chances of white Xmas is based on pattern? Just a number

Somewhere between 5 and 25 percent? Depending on how close to the coast you are. 25% well inland, 5% on the coast. Unless, of course, the fabled pattern change occurs earlier or a surprise anti-Grinch storm develops within this dull, mild pattern

Somewhere between 5 and 25 percent? Depending on how close to the coast you are. 25% well inland, 5% on the coast. Unless, of course, the fabled pattern change occurs earlier or a surprise anti-Grinch storm develops within this dull, mild pattern

The 5% on the coast is under climo significantly.

For the most part I agree with your percentages. I'd go slightly higher well inland. This morning I did a quick check online and it appears that next week doesn't offer a good chance for snow so that basically means we are going to need a storm during Xmas week. I've disliked the pattern all fall.

Archived