joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think serious winter waits until near NYD. However we will get some chances. Euro continues theme of pretty cold wx in the 6-10 period but the changes of a more sustainable pattern seem to stay in the 11-15 as they've been for about a week.

I'm not sold on anything really at the moment. It keeps getting pushed back and I don't like to see heights near the Bering Sea so low. Yes the amplitude of the ridge in NW Canada is getting better..but it keeps getting pushed back.

I'm not sold on anything really at the moment. It keeps getting pushed back and I don't like to see heights near the Bering Sea so low. Yes the amplitude of the ridge in NW Canada is getting better..but it keeps getting pushed back.

That's a big change of tune from a few days ago for sure. This pattern change may be so gradual it took take weeks.

We may have to do this 2004-05 style.

I'm sure my statement will get misinterpreted for saying no snow, but get this to day 10 and we'll talk. That being said, there are a couple of chances coming in over the next two weeks.

The models could be correct..maybe it gets established near Christmas, but I've seen this story before.

I'm sure my statement will get misinterpreted for saying no snow, but get this to day 10 and we'll talk. That being said, there are a couple of chances coming in over the next two weeks.

The models could be correct..maybe it gets established near Christmas, but I've seen this story before.

Well ironically it appears there are some snow chances so we'll see.

Winter cancel?

Then again, nobody will care if we get snow.

Ding ding, you get to pick out one of the large stuffed animals as your prize.

I'm referring to a more stable wintry pattern.

Then again, nobody will care if we get two Outer Cape / ocean storms, followed by a cutter, followed by two monsters that crush DC to NYC, followed by another cutter, in a more stable wintry pattern.

Ding ding, you get to pick out one of the large stuffed animals as your prize.

Then again, nobody will care if we get two Outer Cape / ocean storms, followed by a cutter, followed by two monsters that crush DC to NYC, followed by another cutter, in a more stable wintry pattern.

Well those are unforeseen nuances. I'm looking at the whole hemispheric pattern. Also , the strat vortex is doing a bend, don't break thing. That's not giving up easily.

Well those are unforeseen nuances. I'm looking at the whole hemispheric pattern. Also , the strat vortex is doing a bend, don't break thing. That's not giving up easily.

Meteorology, not psychology lol.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss with these things. The GFS has a snow map output, it tells you right there how much snow you are going to get!

I think there are a couple of chances for snow as well in the next couple of weeks, which is all that most people truly care about; but I do agree that the sustainable pattern change will probably wait until the Christmas-NYD period. 

I could see us going like 1 for 3 or 1 for 4 or something with these threats over the next couple of weeks...the pattern is okay enough for that...and if we do get the one hit, it could be exciting with the split flow and moisture feed (one gets timed right with a pseudo rex-block and we get snow, one misses, one or two are rainy)... then a more sustainable pattern for cold and snow sets in after that. 

After the next 10 days, if nothing works out we can look forward to the next 10 days...if nothing, then the next 10...rinse and repeat.

First 10 days of December,below normal temps for the Northeast..NOBODY forecast that 2 weeks ago..Trying to figure out how LR forecasting has become an exact science..we still have a long way to go

I think there are a couple of chances for snow as well in the next couple of weeks, which is all that most people truly care about; but I do agree that the sustainable pattern change will probably wait until the Christmas-NYD period. 

I could see us going like 1 for 3 or 1 for 4 or something with these threats over the next couple of weeks...the pattern is okay enough for that...and if we do get the one hit, it could be exciting with the split flow and moisture feed (one gets timed right with a pseudo rex-block and we get snow, one misses, one or two are rainy)... then a more sustainable pattern for cold and snow sets in after that. 

I could see that as well. We've been managing well with HP nearby.

Archived