Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would have if it weren't for the cut off.

Yeah we were a localized island that avoided the torch...but that general CONUS torch still verified.

Sometimes you get lucky in a smaller area. Though it did always have the look that New England would be in the best spot to avoid the full brunt of it...I think we stated that back even before this cutoff happened. It did briefly look like we'd get really warm after this storm, but the cutoff lingers long enough to avoid big warmth.

I do. There was some runs of just ridiculous warmth. And we all worried we'd get into that for a period here. Thankfully it ended up BN with rain and mixed events instead.

So the warmest of runs were too extreme...happens with cold often, too. 

Doesn't mean the N Hemisoheric pattern didn't shift.

The point is that the longwave change occured. 

I'm not sure why your weenie goggles are resisting this...if you are of the opinion that delayed pattern changes never occur, then I guess we're screwed for the rest of the winter.

Check the MTD's against the progs, models fooked up Nov too, really don"t care what they say beyond 7 days, never have. some here are obsessed  about 7-21 days progs. 

if my Aunt had balls she'd be my uncle

No you never talk in the world of "Ifs" ever...do you? Lol I disticntly remember a -5F departure November call.

I also said -5 baring any cutters, just to clarify. Intuitively I agree with MPM its harder to get biggest negative departures at the climo coldest time of year.

Yeah we were a localized island that avoided the torch...but that general CONUS torch still verified.

Sometimes you get lucky in a smaller area. Though it did always have the look that New England would be in the best spot to avoid the full brunt of it...I think we stated that back even before this cutoff happened. It did briefly look like we'd get really warm after this storm, but the cutoff lingers long enough to avoid big warmth.

thats a helluva an island, models had the entire Northern sections +2 to +4 the first 7 days of Dec, every green area you see here was expected to torch relatively speaking but yea its the cutoffs fault, okey dokey

Part of what causes these shall we say" differing of opinions" is that people talk in absolutes. There isn't any middle ground allowed. It's either their way or the other person is wrong, or lying, or spinning. Instead of allowing that perhaps the orher party or parties may have some valid ideas, it's defined as spinning .

Part of what causes these shall we say" differing of opinions" is that people talk in absolutes. There isn't any middle ground allowed. It's either their way or the other person is wrong, or lying, or spinning. Instead of allowing that perhaps the orher party or parties may have some valid ideas, it's defined as spinning .

:twister:

except you conveniently forgot the rest of nov from Nov 11th on and baring a major cutter caveat, but thats cool. Hows your Stowe rainstorm doing today?

Lol you are such a clown. I never said a Stowe rainstorm. I said they might have some warm air aloft that could cause some Sleet/Freezing rain and guess what, it is literally 12 miles east.

And that caveat was my ENTIRE POINT LOL. You weren't happy with the usage of the "If" with the cutter. Yet you did the same thing. "If we didn't get the cutter, my -5F would've verified."

:lmao:

hi i'm kevin. 

Lol you are such a clown. I never said a Stowe rainstorm. I said they might have some warm air aloft that could cause some Sleet/Freezing rain and guess what, it is literally 12 miles east.

And that caveat was my ENTIRE POINT LOL. You weren't happy with the usage of the "If" with the cutter. Yet you did the same thing. "If we didn't get the cutter, my -5F would've verified."

if the Queen had balls she'd be king. Baring unforeseen circumstances she won"t be.

Those 6 days don't tell the story, run that 10 days from now and you'll see the difference.

but lets talk today and what the models showed for as of today. I agree the next 7 days on the models look like a warm period but again anything past seven days is a crapshoot. longwave change or not no one here can speak in absolutes.

The same group that was in awe of the most pedestrain nor 'easter known to man.

Your anal retentiveness on this point which you have posted uh maybe 35 times in 3 days is indicative of your obsession with being the best forecaster on this board. calling out Jerry time after time because he stated he had never seen a setup like that was snarky and bad Juju. Hopefully it doesn't come back to smack you in the ass.

Archived