• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

Euro doesn't show much of anything for next week...it shows some very light precip/snow behind the front almost on an inverted torugh.

The 12/21 threat looks like it's not going to have much cold air around, so I think we're going to have to get lucky.

Many of us are up all night for exactly that purpose.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm concerned we are just ignoring the 18th system as a potential sneaker.  I think we could see some decent snow out of this setup if the H5 low goes underneath the Islands.

These days, the only way to be pleasantly surprised by snow is to act as though the initial threat is not there in the first place.

Let us think on this.

These days, the only way to be pleasantly surprised by snow is to act as though the initial threat is not there in the first place.

Let us think on this.

I'd hit the "like" button if there was one. Saves a lot of disappointment in the end.

Another alternative is to troll the webcams and look for places where there is snow. One can pretend to be looking outside his/her own window.

I'd hit the "like" button if there was one. Saves a lot of disappointment in the end.

Another alternative is to troll the webcams and look for places where there is snow. One can pretend to be looking outside his/her own window.

I have a whole set of bookmarks for this purpose  :snowing:

I have a whole set of bookmarks for this purpose  :snowing:

Who ever put this page together did an awesome job:

http://www.weather.gov/btv/webcams

I know it says BTV but if you zoom around the map, it covers all of New England, New York and parts of Quebec.  It's a great way to visually see where the camera you're looking at is located and I like how it incorporates different camera types.  I also like how they don't link you offsite just to get the content.  :)

I know it says BTV but if you zoom around the map, it covers all of New England, New York and parts of Quebec.  It's a great way to visually see where the camera you're looking at is located and I like how it incorporates different camera types.  I also like how they don't link you offsite just to get the content.  :)

Very nice! Thank you for sharing

Thanks.  Great link!!

Interesting ... I ran the numbers for ORH and found -2.2 departure so far for December, which for the first 10 days (sans one that's "M") that's probably not saying much.  But I was thinking, still ... so little snow?!  

That's hard to do at 1,000 ft in December.  HFD, however, is 0.0 on the month, and since 0.0 is well above freezing for them... heh. Then PVD is above by a little less than 1.0 ... So it seems there's just a lot of variability going on that just has not included wintry weather (so far).  

Perhaps things will break right for those in wait.... Still looks to me like the 17-20th could be interesting, as well as Xmass eve'ish

Interesting ... I ran the numbers for ORH and found -2.2 departure so far for December, which for the first 10 days (sans one that's "M") that's probably not saying much.  But I was thinking, still ... so little snow?!  

That's hard to do at 1,000 ft in December.  HFD, however, is 0.0 on the month, and since 0.0 is well above freezing for them... heh. Then PVD is above by a little less than 1.0 ... So it seems there's just a lot of variability going on that just has not included wintry weather (so far).  

Perhaps things will break right for those in wait.... Still looks to me like the 17-20th could be interesting, as well as Xmass eve'ish

Climate page has ORH at -1.3 through yesterday. BOS is -0.2

Gorgeous Snow here in Boston! Best of the season by far. FINALLY something to smile at. Especially since I'm totally done with the Red Sox now.

Couldn't be more thrilled. I wouldn't mind a whole winter with little events like this from cover to cover (with a few bigger events to satisfy the QPF lovers).

Snow had stopped in Boston and left a trace of snow. Was pretty while it lasted.

(Maybe cause they have signed all Suxk Bag pitchers and thrown away their history in Lester, and then Cespedes who I freaking loved cause he was SO Clutch and to boot added Dushebag Hanley for the Same amount they could have signed Cespedes for. They don't have an ace Or a #1 OR a #2 right now. I'm Out.)

Snow had stopped in Boston and left a trace of snow. Was pretty while it lasted.

(Maybe cause they have signed all Suxk Bag pitchers and thrown away their history in Lester, and then Cespedes who I freaking loved cause he was SO Clutch and to boot added Dushebag Hanley for the Same amount they could have signed Cespedes for. They don't have an ace Or a #1 OR a #2 right now. I'm Out.)

Go into the team thread if you would like to have a clue bestowed upon you.

What a yahoo.

Snow has lightened up.

Why?

BC they didn't follow the regrettable long term contract blue print?

No reall accumulation....but steady light snow.

Oh but they did follow the regrettable long tem contract blueprint.....5 years 95 million for a 3rd baseman who is 40 lbs overweight....88 million over 4 years for Hanley...potentially 110 million over 5 years if the option kicks in, oh BTW he's never played OF in his entire MLB career......

Same here steady light snow but no accumulation.

Archived