Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 2 Storm Obs

TalcottWx

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what annoys me about this ...?  

There was a bit of controversy and hoopla over coach B.'s thoughtless impugning of the Meteorological community this last week when he went on this passive rant about weather people being wrong "...100% of the time" -- yeah, just like that, (whereby Mets et al certainly were justified in their collective resentment ...but I won't get into that).

Anyway, I saw some post or two yesterday that stated some on-camera Met(s) espoused this event as bringing no snow for eastern Ma.

Umm ... was that really true?  Did some a-holey, stupid idiot dip schit that doesn't really understand weather on-camera useless pustule just make coach B.'s case for him??!!  

You know what annoys me about this ...?

There was a bit of controversy and hoopla over coach B.'s thoughtless impugning of the Meteorological community this last week when he went on this passive rant about weather people being wrong "...100% of the time" -- yeah, just like that, (whereby Mets et al certainly were justified in their collective resentment ...but I won't get into that).

Anyway, I saw some post or two yesterday that stated some on-camera Met(s) espoused this event as bringing no snow for eastern Ma.

Umm ... was that really true? Did some a-holey, stupid idiot dip schit that doesn't really understand weather on-camera useless pustule just make coach B.'s case for him??!!

In a word:

Yes.

Many stations mentioned it as if it were a surprise this morning.

GYX rad must be hitting one of the higher peaks up there? Looks like it would be about 2500ft.

One would think the clutter filter would be good enough to remove static targets. I thought maybe it was a wind farm which is much harder to get rid of but I don't see one in that area, nor news of an ongoing fire.

GFS did have the idea first. I will have to go back and compare runs though, but I suspect you are right pF.

Yeah no model did "well" here, but close in the ECMWF seemed to show why you want it on your side for winter storms. Various runs of the NAM/SREFS/GFS all were far too wet to the west, heck a few had 0.25-.5" all the way back here and even that GFS freak run that had .75" at MPV lol. The ECM never really bit on any of that though it did have some further west runs in the mid-range. Close in I think the EURO schooled the others.

GYX rad must be hitting one of the higher peaks up there? Looks like it would be about 2500ft.

Would that be a permanent feature then?

Looks like the BTV radar when it hits the Spine 15 miles west of the radar site. Lots of clutter usually unless precip is steady or heavy. What's causing that...is it hitting the actual terrain or is it like the fog bank sitting around the peaks?

Archived