• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2014

Rtd208

Most of that storm was a rainy nor'easter for the coast, everything just worked out perfectly for the backend snows. One can't expect every nor'easter that takes that track to behave the same

That storm started out as heavy rain here. Then came the thunder and lightning, then came hail to the size of dimes and then came heavy snow. Picked up over 8" IMBY. It kind of ruined Christmas though as all the relatives went home early because of the storm.

NJSnow-25Dec02.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of that storm was a rainy nor'easter for the coast, everything just worked out perfectly for the backend snows. One can't expect every nor'easter that takes that

track to behave the same

It rained heavy in the morning and turned to heavy wind driven snow in the afternoon.5inches here.

Euro is going big for the second storm too. Ridge axis is over the west coast unlike last weekend so even though we have a progressive pattern things are better aligned.

I like that set up, one a piece of the trough splits away at 132- and there`s a 2nd piece at 168 as the cold air is diving in behind 

Think we will get our first "light" winter event this month. With the way this pattern is shaping up cant imagine we dont get atleast a car topper kind of event at the end

This time of year we need perfect conditions to see accumulating snowfall. We just need to be patient and wait a few more weeks. Believe me, if this active pattern holds by then, you will see your snow.

This time of year we need perfect conditions to see accumulating snowfall. We just need to be patient and wait a few more weeks. Believe me, if this active pattern holds by then, you will see your snow.

Was talking more about just a car topper that would amount to maybe a coating-1". This time of year anything more is a sheer bonus

Of course, but most people replying are in the city or LI and the contest thread is for Central Park

I don't think that's right.

We have very few posters that actually live in Manhattan. Even though Queens is considered to be part of the city, it has really evolved into its own seperate town. The same with Brooklyn.

We have a lot of interior posters, just wait until the next big interior snowstorm, rain for the coast and you will see them come out of the woodwork. Last couple of winters have really favored the coast.

Of course, but most people replying are in the city or LI and the contest thread is for Central Park

I chose Central Park for the contest since it is the most popular location in the region and more or less centrally located in the metro

That storm started out as heavy rain here. Then came the thunder and lightning, then came hail to the size of dimes and then came heavy snow. Picked up over 8" IMBY. It kind of ruined Christmas though as all the relatives went home early because of the storm.

18" IMBY from that storm... What a winter that was for up here! If I'm not mistaken we had oct & nov snow that yr.

I don't think that's right.

We have very few posters that actually live in Manhattan. Even though Queens is considered to be part of the city, it has really evolved into its own seperate town. The same with Brooklyn.

We have a lot of interior posters, just wait until the next big interior snowstorm, rain for the coast and you will see them come out of the woodwork. Last couple of winters have really favored the coast.

Brooklyn and queens are on long Island but not in long Island

Brooklyn and queens are on long Island but not in long Island

Yes, thanks, I think everyone in this area is aware of that, at least I would hope.

It really makes no geographical sense to have NYC as anything more than Manhattan itself. I can't think of another city in the world where you can cross a significant body of water and be within the same city limits.

Yes, thanks, I think everyone in this area is aware of that, at least I would hope.

It really makes no geographical sense to have NYC as anything more than Manhattan itself. I can't think of another city in the world where you can cross a significant body of water and be within the same city limits.

1E828D2D-C717-423A-B614-58FF71EFB359_zps

Chicago. Baltimore. Boston. San Diego. San Fran. Seattle. I could go all night...

We already saw one very minor statospheric warming event over Sibera occur at 10mb last month. The ECMWF forecast the next one to start around 8-10 days. We also need to watch the E-P Flux vectors to point towards the poleward direction. Currently they are pointing more towards the equator:

2rqdbgw.jpg

fyjx3.jpg

Guest Imperator

You have the typical out of towner attitude with regard to Manhattan vs the other boroughs. The outer boroughs are what make NYC what it is. We are the backbone of it all.  While we always considered Manhattan the "city", the city as a whole gets its character from the natives from outside of Manhattan. Manhattan is full of transplants who mostly don't know any better anyway.

The Nuri ET may be one of the strongest on record for so far north in the NPAC. It should

really help to pump the ridge over WNAM and drive the PV south into Canada next week.

The details will determine if the trough can dig enough into the GL for the first freeze

of the season in NYC.

The overnight guidance has trended towards a later, weaker development overnight with the low pressure system for Thursday into Friday. We will have to see if this trend continues today or flips back to a more organized system like yesterdays 12z runs were indicating. In any event, the 00z ECMWF still had roughly an inch in most spots.

Archived