joxey
November 2014

Rtd208

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean the 2 cold rain events at 120 and at 196

Please stop posting this cr.. man .

It's simply not true. Either you have no idea what you are looking at or you are an unapologetic liar that just wastes people's time looking to see what the heck you are looking at.

Please stop it's only November and you are in mid season form

Where did he say it was going to snow???

Its a great look, I didnt see him calling for feet of snow or anything. What was so outrageous about that?

Yeah, because eastern Massachusetts does very well with storms that cut inland (heavy heavy sarcasm)

Lol. I think winter weather here relates decently well to the NYC area, thats why I post here occasionally. If you guys do well, I will probably do well. If you guys don't, my chances aren't great either.

Obviously I do a bit better overall, but big picture it's similar

Lol. I think winter weather here relates decently well to the NYC area, thats why I post here occasionally. If you guys do well, I will probably do well. If you guys don't, my chances aren't great either.

Obviously I do a bit better overall, but big picture it's similar

Taunton avarages almost double the snow of NYC, your longitudinal position helps tremendously, as does not being right at the coast. You avarage about what the far NW suburbs of NYC do (about 40 inches)

Where did he say it was going to snow???

Its a great look, I didnt see him calling for feet of snow or anything. What was so outrageous about that?

His quote " 12 z euro is a Weenies paradise"

Do I even have to address how stupid this post was.

Taunton avarages almost double the snow of NYC, your longitudinal position helps tremendously, as does not being right at the coast. You avarage about what the far NW suburbs of NYC do (about 40 inches)

I will admit, being along the coast is a killer. Even being five miles away from the water can make a huge difference in some storms.

While the snow disparity seems rather large, I do think it is similar enough. I share more in common with NYC than I do with the rest of NE lol, thats for sure

Guidance overnight still showing change starting this upcoming weekend. Super Typhoon Nuri recurving in the Western Pacific phases into powerful extratropical low near the Alleutian Islands. Which starts building a ridge over Western North America that extends into the Artic Circle, next week:

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/ecmwf/2014110300/ecmwf_z500_mslp_wpac.html

14ahag0.jpg

sc6dep.jpg

xgmw6b.jpg

Guidance overnight still showing change starting this upcoming weekend. Super Typhoon Nuri recurving in the Western Pacific phases into powerful extratropical low near the Alleutian Islands. Which starts building a ridge over Western North America that extends into the Artic Circle, next week:

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/ecmwf/2014110300/ecmwf_z500_mslp_wpac.html

14ahag0.jpg

sc6dep.jpg

xgmw6b.jpg

The block over the top is an awesome look for the winter season my friend ;)

Also wonder if this pattern can lock in and repetitively reload like 76/77 & 77/78. Or like many cold winters outsider of the extreme ones gets off fast then relax then bookend the winter with cold and snow threats

I have seen enough . Nov will be below normal. Now strike up the band for Dec too.

The next 45 to 50 days in total may open Below normal .

As i noted above paul our next concern if you will could be wall-to-wall locked in cold like last year, 76-77/77-78 (severity to be determined obviously) or relax during a period like more "typical" colder winters and possible return for a bookend to winter. Think it is a logical question to ask at this point and something to keep in mind

Can you say -AO?  

Having the stratosphere warm like that over Siberia in November is one of the strongest signals for a -AO winter and an extremely encouraging sign for us. And it is a byproduct of the snowcover...essentially doing its job. Now, obviously, this is a 360 hour forecast and it's going to change. So I'm not exactly ready to start tossing weenies in the air. But it's a huge sign and we're starting to see it on more long term guidance now.

That signal combined with what we're seeing in the Atlantic SSTA configuration is incredibly encouraging. (I know this is spoken about all the time, usually before winter when people try to search for signs in the SSTA's for cold....but this one is pretty legit). This cold pool in the North-Central Atlantic is nearly textbook...maybe slightly east of textbook but the Oct anomalies match up very well

Here are the current Atlantic anomalies:

post-6-0-82354000-1415025034_thumb.gif

Here are the SSTA's in the Octobers preceding the 10 most Negative NAO winters on record:

post-6-0-15495500-1415025042_thumb.jpg

Having the stratosphere warm like that over Siberia in November is one of the strongest signals for a -AO winter and an extremely encouraging sign for us. And it is a byproduct of the snowcover...essentially doing its job. Now, obviously, this is a 360 hour forecast and it's going to change. So I'm not exactly ready to start tossing weenies in the air. But it's a huge sign and we're starting to see it on more long term guidance now.

That signal combined with what we're seeing in the Atlantic SSTA configuration is incredibly encouraging. (I know this is spoken about all the time, usually before winter when people try to search for signs in the SSTA's for cold....but this one is pretty legit). This cold pool in the North-Central Atlantic is nearly textbook...maybe slightly east of textbook but the Oct anomalies match up very well

Here are the current Atlantic anomalies:

sst.daily.anom.gif

Here are the SSTA's in the Octobers preceding the 10 most Negative NAO winters on record:

2cfdzk4.jpg

Some VERY heavy hitters there such as 1995-1996? Im assuming that meant OCT. 95? Sorry still asleep at work john my A game isnt here yet its running late today :lol:

Archived