CT Blizz

La la la la la la Lock It Up

• av-885.jpg
  • Members
  • member.png
  • 43,026 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 05:41 PM

Whacker77, on Dec 23 2004, 05:36 PM, said:

What's the general consensus on the next week.  I live in Louisville and we're digging out from about 10 inches of sleet and snow.  The GFS sends us to the 50's by New Years, but JB sees it differently somewhat.  Based on the recurving typhoon, a trough in Western Europe, and the trough east of Hawaii, he sees the trough still in the East.  Obviously, I'm mainly interested in the Midwest, but what are some of the thoughts right now.  I hope it stays cold so we can keep all of the snow we have.

snapback.png

CT Blizz

By Wednesday and Thursday you'll be in the 50's. Kiss the snow goodbye. We had 5 inches on the ground this morning ..With howling south winds, rain and dewpoints in the 50's..I watched it disappear before my eyes. 

• 5 weeks later...

Well, if the medium term i.e  re-building of the ridge out west trends worse And should any indication of at least neutral heights in the NAO region not materialize then we should go to a Weenie Meltdown Warning, Right now I think a Watch should be issued that encompasses All of S NH over to MPM and down to NYC/NJ.

I'm not sure how many more cutters the board can take, the ratio of cutters to "not"  for low pressure areas over NE since MET winter has been high. There seems to be a correlation to this and Meltdowns. Without a -NAO developing for at least (most of FEB) there will be numerous meltdowns especially if this coming ridge leads to bitter cold interspaced with more cutters than not.

Someone should copy any and all meltdown posts and fill a thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived