Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
October 2014

Rtd208

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, this upcoming event will be nice, much wetter this October than last that's for sure especially compared to this September. Thank God we needed the rain. Anyway I pay attention to global city temperatures and to tell you my exact opinion, I'm really liking how cold and steady they have been dropping. Besides it's cool around here too. It's near normal or even a tad below normal. As for the models, I don't think their doing a good job with temperatures lately. I think they are projecting warmer temperatures but it's been rather cool lately and remember days are much shorter so from now on all you will see is gradual cooling which is the best time of the year from now till about late February than obviously the sun rays could be strong enough to even produce thunderstorms. I really think this will be our winter for stormy and relatively cold temperatures. I gave my snow totals a few weeks ago for my winter forecast and honestly I was conservative around here as I think it'll be much wetter than normal for December and January and cold enough to snow translating to heavy wet snowstorms. Have a great weekend everyone!

18z GFS increased a bit to .50"-.75"

Btw tomorrow's rain storm reminds me of the snowstorm we got a day after the Super Bowl on February. That was an 8 inch snowstorm so I'm gonna guess and say we get 0.8 inches of rain tonight into tomorrow. Well the setup wasn't the same but similar time for a

the euro op and ens have slowed down even more, delaying the fropa until friday afternoon

The rains on the 0z Euro have been pushed to Thursday morning by takes until Thursday evening to clear the area. The ensembles have a broad band of rain which shows uncertainty in timing. The Euro definitely sped up though to be more in line with the quicker GFS. I'd rather have the rain sooner than later so I'm happy.

Archived