joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2014

Rtd208

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My coldest low has been 37F, and several nights in the low 40s. Most of NJ outside of the urban areas have seen upper 30s/low 40s, but no frost yet.

Most areas outside of NYC average first 32F readings in the Oct 7th-25th period. Generally the Indian summer period occurs anywhere from late October through mid November when our temperatures surge back into the 60s/near 70F following a freeze.

Maybe not for NYC but if we break 80 up here today it will officially be an Indian Summer

There is no official Indian Summer definition..Generally its a 2 to 3 day warm period following the first frost or at least cold snap. I don't think you need to hit 80.

Usually it occurs after the first frost, after the leaves have changed and started to fall and would need to be at least 2 warm days in a row (+10 above normal). That's why its generally late October to mid November.

There is no official Indian Summer definition..Generally its a 2 to 3 day warm period following the first frost or at least cold snap. I don't think you need to hit 80.

Usually it occurs after the first frost, after the leaves have changed and started to fall and would need to be at least 2 warm days in a row (+10 above normal). That's why its generally late October to mid November.

Oh, I always considered it to be a high of 80 or above after the first frost.

Archived