• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2014

Rtd208

The big story will probably be the coldest daytime temperatures of the autumn season thus far. We may have highs struggle through the mid to upper 50s on Saturday assuming overcast skies. Saturday night will become quite cold with frost possible N / W of NYC given strong surface high pressure. Definitely will feel autumnal this weekend. Weak wave of low pressure along the baroclinic zone will produce some rain, but nothing impressive.

etslkg.png

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very mild? Looks pretty average to me

I see another +1.5 to +2 type month and higher mins will play a significant role. We're looking at a couple +10 or higher reading early next week while this weekend may only yield a combined -5 or so. Looking ahead it looks like milder weather dominates due to the pacific pattern for the foreseeable future.

I see another +1.5 to +2 type month and higher mins will play a significant role. We're looking at a couple +10 or higher reading early next week while this weekend may only yield a combined -5 or so. Looking ahead it looks like milder weather dominates due to the pacific pattern for the foreseeable future.

Still that's hardly a torch. October 2007 was +6.9

The big story will probably be the coldest daytime temperatures of the autumn season thus far. We may have highs struggle through the mid to upper 50s on Saturday assuming overcast skies. Saturday night will become quite cold with frost possible N / W of NYC given strong surface high pressure. Definitely will feel autumnal this weekend. Weak wave of low pressure along the baroclinic zone will produce some rain, but nothing impressive.

This even that you are talking about ive have had my eyes on it for a while. It seems like this storm is just the remains of a tropical system that was from out west.

Guest Imperator

Is it me or does the Euro and GGEM show a tropical disturbance riding up the coast in the long range?

No, its associated with a Cut off Low, a trough coming east next week and/or a strong cold front. It helps to read discussions like this sometimes, rather than just looking/posting model maps and make assumptions: http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/discussions/hpcdiscussions.php?disc=pmdepd

The southward shift by the NAM for Saturday's rains is bringing back some horrible memories from last March.

NAM also finally caught on that the rain is over by 8am to 11am for NYC.

Previous runs had an all day Saturday washout.

Euro and GFS have had the rain ending at 8am for several runs now.

Looks like the whole weekend will be salvaged.

The middle of next week could be very active with a deep long wave trough digging all the way to the Gulf and a very amplified pattern in general shaping up. The 00z ECMWF, 00z GGEM and now the 12z GFS are all on board. Could be a cut off low to our southwest with a possible tropical infusion as well.

The 12z Euro is much wetter and brings the .75 inch line to NYC. It's ensemble mean also moved north.

Timing is still 90% of the rain before 8am and ending 10am-11am for NYC.

18z NAM is back to the idea of pouring rain through 2pm again.

Timing is still 90% of the rain before 8am and ending 10am-11am for NYC.

18z NAM is back to the idea of pouring rain through 2pm again.

It also has the .5 line reaching well in to the Hudson valley and CT which is wetter than 12z. Right now the Euro, GFS and NAM have about 0.75 inches for NYC.

LOL. Besides me and maybe 1-2 more members, I doubt anyone understands the meaning of "bunker pods".

Nice.

Biggest one I have ever seen by many times this summer right off jones beach. About a half mile long and so thick it looked like you could walk on them. I snagged a bunch and tried for a bass but no luck.

Also to stay on topic I missed posting about the wind event the other night. Some solid 40mph gusts here with small branches and one half tree down in my neighborhood

Too bad it's not a few months later-this would be an easy 6-12" type snow event for the area.

More like 3"-6".

12z Rgem and 12z GFS have .25"-.50"/.50"-.65" for NYC. Bigger totals are south in Jersey.

NAM is likely overdone, as it usually is.

Archived