Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October 2014 General Discussion

SchaumburgStormer

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Early morning boomer

Was a bit of a surprise. Out for run and it was glass clear to the south, beautiful views of the moon and jupiter so we mistook the lightning to the north for arc off the el tracks. Practically didn't twig to it until the deluge hit

ecmwfUS_850_temp_168.gif

More shorts weather...

That's about as warm as it gets for 850 mb temps in late October.  The all-time October record at the ILX site is 22.2C, but if we just restrict it to the second half of October, the highest temp is 19.8C set on Halloween in 1950.

Edit:  most areas south of WI/MI made it into the 80s on 10/31/1950, with even some scattered areas in southern MI reaching 80.  Would be premature to call for that kind of warmth but be aware of the potential for something rather out of the ordinary should the above map verify.

And so it begins...MEX showing 74 here on Sunday (avg high is low 60s).  Despite the warm bias it showed around here during summer, I would expect the values it's showing now to be much closer to reality and possibly underdone given that we look to be dealing with a fairly anomalous situation. 

Looks like i might see some small hail soon.

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WILMINGTON OH
712 PM EDT MON OCT 20 2014

KYZ092-093-OHZ042-046-051-053-055-056-060>062-064-065-072-078>080-
210015-
KENTON-CAMPBELL-DARKE-DELAWARE-MIAMI-CLARK-FRANKLIN OH-LICKING-
PREBLE-MONTGOMERY-GREENE-PICKAWAY-FAIRFIELD-CLINTON-CLERMONT-
BROWN-HIGHLAND-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...INDEPENDENCE...ALEXANDRIA...
GREENVILLE...DELAWARE...PIQUA...SPRINGFIELD...COLUMBUS...NEWARK...
EATON...DAYTON...XENIA...CIRCLEVILLE...LANCASTER...WILMINGTON...
MILFORD...GEORGETOWN...HILLSBORO
712 PM EDT MON OCT 20 2014

...SMALL HAIL POSSIBLE THIS EVENING...

SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WILL MOVE ACROSS THE AREA THIS
EVENING. SMALL PEA SIZE HAIL WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH SOME OF THE
SHOWERS AND STORMS

Nice pics everyone....i'm coo with warmish dry stuff thru friday night boo fest next week for the trick or treatin rats and driveway bon fuego...mid november can bring on the transitory gloomy chill...

Best taster this year from NW IL came via the Massbach Reserve...

We finally got the red X put on our ash tree on the parkway...should be chopped in the next week or 2...i love the fall ash colors...but am sick of staring at my leafless tree every morning...any suggestions on what to replace it with because i am not going to wait 3 years for the village to drop something in the ground...

Thanks guys! It was a beautiful Autumn day to be out! 

@ Gilbert. Yeah, I lost a few Ash trees as well and have seen many more go this year. One kind of tree I always wanted is a Dogwood. Very colorful flowers in the spring. Not sure what it looks like in Autumn though. I starting to see a lot of small Sumac trees in people's yards. They can be red to orange to yellow/goldy color this time of year. 

Outstanding pics Geos.  Was a great day to be out there shooting pics. 

Ended up shooting these pics at the Wyalusing State Park near Prairie Du Chien Wisconsin.  Really cool place.  The bluffs there sit over 500ft above the river valley below.  Not much weather excitement to speak of, so might as well fill this thread with more leaf pics lol.

hwzads.jpg

1t61zt.jpg

2w233h0.jpg

2iaeceu.jpg

dwrrci.jpg

2l8gkno.jpg

2uz5ogi.jpg

10755ba.jpg

Nice pics everyone....i'm coo with warmish dry stuff thru friday night boo fest next week for the trick or treatin rats and driveway bon fuego...mid november can bring on the transitory gloomy chill...

Best taster this year from NW IL came via the Massbach Reserve...

We finally got the red X put on our ash tree on the parkway...should be chopped in the next week or 2...i love the fall ash colors...but am sick of staring at my leafless tree every morning...any suggestions on what to replace it with because i am not going to wait 3 years for the village to drop something in the ground...

Ornamental Pear trees are excellent trees for residential areas.  They usually are loaded with white flowers in the Spring, and get pretty colorful in the Fall IIRC.  They grow pretty quickly, and I think they're fairly resistant to disease as well.

Ornamental Pear trees are excellent trees for residential areas. They usually are loaded with white flowers in the Spring, and get pretty colorful in the Fall IIRC. They grow pretty quickly, and I think they're fairly resistant to disease as well.

Add flowering cherry trees to that list. Had one out front here, before the village destroyed it.

It had large white, pink and purple flowers in the spring for several weeks, and then deep yellow to orange to red leaves in the fall.

Outstanding pics Geos. Was a great day to be out there shooting pics.

Ended up shooting these pics at the Wyalusing State Park near Prairie Du Chien Wisconsin. Really cool place. The bluffs there sit over 500ft above the river valley below. Not much weather excitement to speak of, so might as well fill this thread with more leaf pics lol.

You be killin' it still.

Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 62.

• Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 51.
  • Saturday Sunny, with a high near 67.
  • Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 49.
  • Sunday Sunny, with a high near 69.
  • Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 54.
  • Monday A slight chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 69.

Archived