amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October 2014 General Discussion

SchaumburgStormer

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buffalo Weather - those are awesome pictures! Looks like a great place to see geology! Now I want to visit there. haha

---

Diurnal swing of 31° in the last 24 hours. Low of 39° this morning.

Rain and snow showers in the area grids for the end of the week now.

Found this little tidbit on Skilling's page. 47 years ago today and tomorrow.

featuregraph102614-1024x660.jpg

Buffalo Weather - those are awesome pictures! Looks like a great place to see geology! Now I want to visit there. haha

---

There was a severe weather outbreak in the region a couple days before that...so that happened back to back at least three times in the same year...January 24, 1967 severe weather outbreak followed by the big snowstorm, April 21, 1967 severe weather outbreak followed by a late season snow event, and this thing in October.

Some thundershowers forming in SW Wisconsin.  Would be a nice surprise to have a couple boomers tonight.  It was looking more likely they would pass to the north if they formed at all.

With those dew points you might get some dehydrated water, i.e., nothing. Like western thunderstorms.

---

Thank you! Yeah the rock formations were incredible. There is also a cool museum there with a full mastodon skeleton that they found while mining there. Would definitely recommend it!

What a GORGEOUS day today to enjoy the last of the Fall color. We dont get too many of these days with not a single cloud in the sky like today. As of the 4pm climate summary, the skycover at DTW today was 0. There has not been an entire calendar day with a skycover of 0.0 since....August 6, 2012!!!! (in the 2+ years since, we have had 10 days with a skycover of 1).

4129-800.jpg

4130-800.jpg

4131-800.jpg

4132-800.jpg

4133-800.jpg

4134-800.jpg

4135-800.jpg

4136-800.jpg

4137-800.jpg

4138-800.jpg

What a GORGEOUS day today to enjoy the last of the Fall color. We dont get too many of these days with not a single cloud in the sky like today. As of the 4pm climate summary, the skycover at DTW today was 0. There has not been an entire calendar day with a skycover of 0.0 since....August 6, 2012!!!! (in the 2+ years since, we have had 10 days with a skycover of 1).

Nice to hear. It was quite the cloudy day here, until the last dying minutes of the day when things cleared up for sunset:

9AarBBz.jpg

Brrr...

• Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
  • Saturday Sunny, with a high near 41.

The dry air today definitely helped. So hard around here to get a day where some annoyance doesn't pop up to block the sun for a while. I love days like this.

4129-800.jpg

4130-800.jpg

4131-800.jpg

4132-800.jpg

4133-800.jpg

4134-800.jpg

4135-800.jpg

4136-800.jpg

4137-800.jpg

4138-800.jpg

Awesome pics josh. Nice to get a day like that before the color is gone.

Was 33 when I went to bed and 40 now with a thunderstorm and hail.

Awesome pics josh. Nice to get a day like that before the color is gone.

Was 33 when I went to bed and 40 now with a thunderstorm and hail.

thanks. This is it. I went to one of my favorite parks...this park is huge...1300 acres...just west of DTW. And there are huge stretches of almost all bare. So I knew my next off day, halloween, would be almost all bare.

Some high clouds last evening ruined it lol...skycover at DTW yesterday 1. Though the sunrise to sunset skycover was 0, the skycover that goes in the climate log is midnight to midnight...and we are still waiting for an all 0 calendar day...dating to Aug 6, 2012 and counting...

As far as lake effect potential off Lake Michigan this weekend, there's a glaring negating factor and that's dry air above ~850 mb.  If the synoptic evolution changes then perhaps more moisture can hang on aloft for longer but we'll see.  At this point it looks like it's going to be largely dependent on moisture flux from the lake.  One potential positive factor is a possible Lake Superior connection for a time.

Archived