e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
October 2014 General Discussion

SchaumburgStormer

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny to me that 2004 was one of the latest freezes ever since that was one of the coolest summers I can remember. On the flip side, 1952 had one of the earliest yet it made it to 96°F on September 12th of that year for one of the latest 95°F+ days on record.

I haven't seen any frost yet in my neighborhood, even on the cars. The lowest it's gotten is 39°F, but it looks like tomorrow night will be awfully close to freezing.

This really shows how much of an impact the heat island has.... I have had almost a dozen frosts out here and 3 freezes.

First stab at some leaf pics today now that the sun came back out.  Prob gonna head up to southern WI early next week.

Well that was a really awesome first stab! Heading into SW Wisconsin myself this weekend. Should have peak colors out that way.

---

A little Indian Summer would be nice before the chilly air stays for good. Really nice to have the sun this morning - for the first morning since Sunday!

and the euro Monthlies are calling for a cold winter. This time of year is always tough, because im so ready for snow November 1st but this is not necessarily the time you want a cold pattern to set up (look at nov 1968970s in fact). Just sucking up the next several weeks of color than getting into snow mode.

temp has fallen to 41 and rain is getting heavier... solid wind gusts over 30 mph.

should see some snow mix in or change over later this evening.

Doesn't look any accumulation for you tonight, but it won't be too long before it starts sticking!

Completely cloudy here late this afternoon. Probably the most cloudy week the area has seen since sometime in spring. Fall colors peaking or very near peak right now. 

Doesn't look any accumulation for you tonight, but it won't be too long before it starts sticking!

Completely cloudy here late this afternoon. Probably the most cloudy week the area has seen since sometime in spring. Fall colors peaking or very near peak right now. 

no, and I'm good with that.  plenty of time for snow.  I'd still like some nice warm fall conditions to get some work done.  I'd love a week of sun and 60!  temp down to 39 and winds are really howling on the north face of this hill.

Interestingly, this month was well below normal (almost 3F on average) before this week, and for the first time in awhile, it was the case despite seeming to be near average or even a touch above.  This was probably due to all the sunny fall days we had before this week, which seemed cool despite the fact the mild lows allowed us to near more toward average for the month.

Running at 43° right now with rain just ending. 0.10" total. Really raw out right now with that damp N wind. 

Here to date it is -1.92° from normal.

A couple more foliage pictures from Kenosha County this morning. Wondering if I get some good picture with the sun actually out as well before the peak is past!

post-7389-0-42656100-1413650215_thumb.jp

post-7389-0-29178000-1413650233_thumb.jp

Beautiful day here in St. Paul. Mid 50s and almost full sun. Pic from the deck.

such a beautiful pic!

nothing really heavy but a few times visibility got low in a brief snow shower but by the time I got my cam ready it was over.

cold October day by my standards, stayed in the 30's... clearing now and gonna get cold!

vid of the flurries I took mi afternoon:

Great picture Chitown! Would have been lovely to have the sun here today. 

Cleared out here about 10 minutes before sunset. Temperature is plunging - already at 38°.

Bo, I bet you get your first accumulating snow within 3 weeks!

Archived