Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2014 General Discussion

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stole this from the Tenn Valley sub-forum.

10653588_886435724719438_5795717317975989719_n.jpg

Awesome picture. Eastern Colorado was jackpot zone for tornadoes this year. Only 3 in my area surrounded by quite a few warnings though. I always thought lake Erie killed all convective activity, but then I see Northern Michigan and all those warnings and begin to question that theory. Any thoughts?

Stole this from the Tenn Valley sub-forum.

I'd like to see this based on actual confirmed tornados. Granted, the CLE CWA did have several tornados this year (some of which were unwarned), it does show how trigger happy some offices are with issuing warnings. 

I'd like to see this based on actual confirmed tornados. Granted, the CLE CWA did have several tornados this year (some of which were unwarned), it does show how trigger happy some offices are with issuing warnings. 

I'm sure the number of confirmations is way less than the number of warnings for some (many?) offices.  Then you have the opposite with offices such as LOT and IWX... only 7 warnings each but more tornadoes than warnings so far this year (largely due to June 30-July 1). 

i'd totally write off 90, it's not happening, maybe we hit 85

Yeah big bust today looking at vis sat with the new blow up of convection in IA. 

This and this^

Still clouded over in Racine with the anvil tops. Almost half inch of rain at UGN.

N lake Michigan will kill them off like usual

I don't know Bo, it's really plowing its way across!

APX.N0Q.20140904.1801.gif

Still only in the low 70s at 1pm. Looks like that clouds will thin, then get thicker as some action further west moves in.

wisgif32.jpg

Archived