joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 2014-2015 Ski Season Thread

Skivt2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aurora opened up today at SR bumping them up to 38 trails and 15 miles of terrain. Pretty impressive looking map for December 5th, hell, this is a more impressive map than some spots have when they're 100% open. A few inches of snow tonight should make for a sweet day tomorrow, will try to post pics when I get home.

Looking ahead to next week, could be some incredible skiing if the EURO has a clue...

post-8652-0-86275600-1417809413_thumb.pn

Will be heading to Stowe on Jan 17.

Taking a day trip up there. Anybody here familiar with crossed sabers in raynham? They offer day bus trips for like 85 bucks. Includes the ride and lift ticket

I know of them but I have not done any bus trips thru them.

Thinking I may want to head up N after Christmas for the long weekend.  

Will be heading to Stowe on Jan 17.

Taking a day trip up there. Anybody here familiar with crossed sabers in raynham? They offer day bus trips for like 85 bucks. Includes the ride and lift ticket

We should meet up for a run dude.  The bus groups get pretty ridiculous prices...usually even in peak season on Saturdays if you take a bus tour you can get the transportation and lift ticker for cheaper than the price of a lift ticket for the general public.  $85 for a ticket and ride from Mass (that'd be like $60-80 in round trip gas alone) is a steal for MLK weekend.

We should meet up for a run dude.  The bus groups get pretty ridiculous prices...usually even in peak season on Saturdays if you take a bus tour you can get the transportation and lift ticker for cheaper than the price of a lift ticket for the general public.  $85 for a ticket and ride from Mass (that'd be like $60-80 in round trip gas alone) is a steal for MLK weekend.

It's been a long time since I've been to Stowe.  I went there 2 years in a row 1991 & 1992 for a school weekend trip.  Stayed at the Grey Fox Inn.

I know of them but I have not done any bus trips thru them.

Thinking I may want to head up N after Christmas for the long weekend.  

its a pretty good deal. long day, but at least you arent driving and can relax going there and coming back.

I had plans to head up for a few days the second week of january, but unfortunately work is getting in the way so im going to have to settle for a couple of day trips it looks like.

I always love going up and staying a few nights though. Cant really beat northern NE in the middle of winter. Relaxing

absolutely, i was going to ask if you would be down to meet up for a run or two.

It really is a steal. It pays for itself alone in terms of gas when going to a place like stowe, how can you pass that deal up? If you just went with your car and up to the window to get a ticket you would probably be spending close to 200 dollars between gas,tolls, and a lift ticket.

You also can sleep on the way up and ride home, which is a bonus. Driving home after a day of skiing is absolutely no fun.

I havent taken a bus trip in like 3 years. When i was a sophomore, junior, and senior in high school i was probably taking like 4-5 a winter. Obviously being in college now, i dont have nearly as much time on my hands, but im going to make sure i squeeze a couple in.

They are offering a nice variety this year. In the past they were going to Sunday River a lot and a few other places, this year its probably at least 6 different mountains. Its a long day, but a steal.

Aurora opened up today at SR bumping them up to 38 trails and 15 miles of terrain. Pretty impressive looking map for December 5th, hell, this is a more impressive map than some spots have when they're 100% open. A few inches of snow tonight should make for a sweet day tomorrow, will try to post pics when I get home.

Looking ahead to next week, could be some incredible skiing if the EURO has a clue...

Have fun dude.  Its been another solid start to the season in New England... even over at Stowe we are up to 40 trails and 14 miles. 

Southern VT too has been killing it...Stratton and Okemo are really doing well, too.  Of course Killington is leading the way.

Have fun dude.  Its been another solid start to the season in New England... even over at Stowe we are up to 40 trails and 14 miles. 

Southern VT too has been killing it...Stratton and Okemo are really doing well, too.  Of course Killington is leading the way.

Yeah, everyone really is well ahead of their average pace, and hopefully this next event sets us up for a great holiday season assuming that we don't get a massive torch to wipe everything out which I think is looking less and less likely.

Love paste bombs to look at but hate sking it them until it dries out but that it just beautful

I totally agree. It's not great skiing. I know the snowmobilers love the heavy wet snow, but it's not for skiers haha.

Anyway, probably 2" of QPF so far (haha no worries there I guess) so it'll give a great base for the rest of the seasons powder to fall on. Hopefully we can go back to champagne powder skiing at the end of the event.

People should never ever pay a ski area walk up rate haha. Bail makes it's seasons passes so cheap that if you go for a week it's better to buy a seasons pass.

But walk up rates are ridiculous because people haven't figured out that buying online is better. Even here at Stowe, right now I think it's over 100 walk up rate. Buy it online through Stowe Bypass and it's $59 through this weekend, then it goes to $72. Just think if you paid $100 today at the window then found out it would've been $59 if you signed up online? lol.

I totally agree. It's not great skiing. I know the snowmobilers love the heavy wet snow, but it's not for skiers haha.

Anyway, probably 2" of QPF so far (haha no worries there I guess) so it'll give a great base for the rest of the seasons powder to fall on. Hopefully we go back to champagne powder skiing at the end of the event.

Like the wet heavy stuff to establish a nice solid base but we're fine with powder once we have that. Really though, any snow is good snow.

Like the wet heavy stuff to establish a nice solid base but we're fine with powder once we have that. Really though, any snow is good snow.

Yeah, all snow is good snow.

What I noticed this morning though once the snow fell off the trees is that's how I remember storms growing up down in Albany, haha.  Snow stops and you are left with snow dripping out of the trees so it sounds like its raining, huge slushy messes, and all that stuff.  I do enjoy a nice Currier and Ives scene when we get our powder dumpings, when that sparkling stuff just clings to everything and stacks straight up.

Might be doing killington now this weekend. My buddy's are all over the place. I would assume just about everywhere in Vermont should be good with the paste dump and then some higher ratio stuff today. I mean it's sticking right to the beach right now on Long Island so it's gotta be fluffing up, up there

Will be at Mt. Snow on Friday for $12 tix, should be a good time. Planning to be up in Lake Placid for a 2 week stretch or so over the holidays to use the pass that I somewhat foolishly renewed for this winter, should be a good holiday season considering that Whiteface probably comes out of this with 20"+ and no major warmups in sight... Of course, if we can add to that, all the better.

Archived