• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 2014-2015 Ski Season Thread

Skivt2

Had a great time meeting up with Cpick79 for some runs at Bolton. The upslope didn't really produce today but we did have a bit of fresh snow to work with on top of the base. The conditions were not half bad considering the rain. The main issue was the wind and low vis at the top in the clouds.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was some talk yesterday of a refresher after the rain through some upslope or backend snow after the big rainer. Board has been awfully quiet in the past 2 model runs though. Any updates? Are we just looking at plain old rain and ice-sheet skiing or is the possibility of something on the tail end still there?

eerily quiet.  Not a good sign.

There was some talk yesterday of a refresher after the rain through some upslope or backend snow after the big rainer. Board has been awfully quiet in the past 2 model runs though. Any updates? Are we just looking at plain old rain and ice-sheet skiing or is the possibility of something on the tail end still there?

The latest runs of the Euro show no bueno. We have the grinch with primarily rain at this point and not much help in the days following. We remain in return flow and mild conditions overall (except maybe a very brief shot at the tail end of the grinch) until the 29th or so when a front finally pushes through. Hit the slopes while you can ahead of that storm. I was at Bolton again yesterday and it was much nicer than the day before with decent early season conditions:

http://snow.traceup.com/stats/u?uId=365012&vId=933357&fb_action_ids=10102305159843109&fb_action_types=traceup%3Aadd

Skied Loon yesterday, overall conditions weren't bad. Light snow all day very calm no wind 30 degrees really nice day out there.  A little icy as day continued... they had pretty good coverage thanks to the snow guns. Well worth the $40 lift ticket. Felt great to get away from the hustle and bustle of Christmas season and get out to the mountains carving some turns. 

Well as it is all going to go to crap in a week, we figured it was a good time to take the sleigh up high and see what fun we could have. 

Pretty rare to get perfect weather up high in December. 

That is pretty cool. I'm going to have to consider doing that myself. Looks like skiing in the Alps! How did you get up? Do they allow folks to hike the auto road?

Ended up skiing both Attitash and Wildcat today (thank you Ginxy et al!), both were exceptionally good. Not surprised by Wildcat, but Attitash was also in fantastic shape after the 3-4" we got overnight. Pic from Wildcat. The next 2 days will be frustrating, but I'm thankful for last night's surprise.

sweet, love the pic. You guys are in another world from me. Merry Christmas and may all your pre Christmasses be white.

Some shots from Hunter yesterday, was a pretty perfect day with dry packed pow(and some nice little drifts off towards the sides to play around in), trees in play if you were willing to ding your bases a bit, and sufficiently warm temps to be able to shed some layers from the usual outfit. A little sketchy towards the end of the day as visibility was close to 0 towards the top, but made for an interesting challenge :)

Earlier in the day when you could actually see a turn or two in front of you

post-8652-0-41625300-1419391229_thumb.jp

My fabulous skiing partner and sister(Photo credit to her for most of these)

post-8652-0-63876300-1419391233_thumb.jp

Looking like winter on the trees

post-8652-0-54013500-1419391245_thumb.jp

sweet, love the pic. You guys are in another world from me. Merry Christmas and may all your pre Christmasses be white.

I never thought I'd be part of this world - even though only part time for now. Ginxy - keep your hopes up, you never know! Dreams do come true, and it's Xmas after all. Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to all on this awesome board!

I never thought I'd be part of this world - even though only part time for now. Ginxy - keep your hopes up, you never know! Dreams do come true, and it's Xmas after all. Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to all on this awesome board!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you too. It's never to late to change lifestyles haha. I knew since I was 6 years old that I wanted to live in a ski town haha. Early vacations to these snowy places when my backyard was green really sealed the deal.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you too. It's never to late to change lifestyles haha. I knew since I was 6 years old that I wanted to live in a ski town haha. Early vacations to these snowy places when my backyard was green really sealed the deal.

I made the move.  From Philly to BTV. Best decision of my life. Not always easy but worth it. 

Getting antsy because I'll have 6 days of less than good skiing out of a hundred days makes me laugh.  If you live up here you have it so good. 

Archived