joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 2014-2015 Ski Season Thread

Skivt2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whiteout at Whiteface, 9" in the last 48 hours from LES and plenty more to come. Wish I could be up there, but for a consolation prize there was and will be plenty of pow at Sunday River as well(although of the man made variety ;)), was up there last weekend and they were going absolutely nuts on the guns. Should be sweet this weekend with Spruce and South Ridge opening. 

post-8652-0-96429200-1416519800_thumb.jp

I thought Stowe opened a couple of weeks ago. Wachusett beat them? Embarrassing

Opened for a seasons pass holder day.  Stowe follows its set schedule that its followed by decades.  Always aims to open the Saturday before Thanksgiving, and will close the third weekend in April.  Up this way, Sugarbush, Smugglers Notch, Stowe, Jay all started this weekend.  There's just no reason to go any earlier.  The locals hike for it anyway, as I'm sure you've seen the photos.  Its not like there wasn't enough snow to open until now, lol. 

Anyway we all got beat by a small landfill in Wisconsin and a molehill in North Carolina this fall...haha.

Opened for a seasons pass holder day. Stowe follows its set schedule that its followed by decades. Always aims to open the Saturday before Thanksgiving, and will close the third weekend in April. Up this way, Sugarbush, Smugglers Notch, Stowe, Jay all started this weekend. There's just no reason to go any earlier. The locals hike for it anyway, as I'm sure you've seen the photos. Its not like there wasn't enough snow to open until now, lol.

Anyway we all got beat by a small landfill in Wisconsin and a molehill in North Carolina this fall...haha.

Hey, if I can even get one day this season at WaWa where I can get a face shot like you got on Nov 22, I would be psyched

Hey, if I can even get one day this season at WaWa where I can get a face shot like you got on Nov 22, I would be psyched

I would love to ski with ya one day dude. I've never been to WaWa but our mountain services supervisor is originally from there and only has good things to say about it. They can do more skier visits than some of the "big mountains" in New England, so they are running a good business down there.

Skied Sunday River yesterday and Loon today, SR ranged from an icy mess to really nice packed powder depending on what you skied, Loon today was nothing but soft perfection. Was my first time at Loon, and I don't get the bad rap that it has, had a great variety of stuff open, fast lifts, and plenty more to come when they get snow.

Wawa seems to have updated their website since yesterday... seems they will be open tomorrow night, which is great news.  Let it pile up all morning and head over mid afternoon for 8 hours of sweet November turns and a whole mountain pristine and waiting to be poached.

I did not realize that!   Hmmmm.... maybe I can sneak over there for a bit

Archived