Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Analogs of 1958 from 10 days ago  worked out very well for this chilly period with heavy rain. Much to Kevs relief the newest analogs feature prominently the end of August 1980, which featured the below. With the PNA going negative, NAO going positive and the AO nearing positive it teleconnects well that the end of the month would feature more true summer like conditions.

1980-08-24	87	57	72.0	1.2	0	7	0.00	0.0	0
1980-08-25	85	60	72.5	1.9	0	8	0.00	0.0	0
1980-08-26	89	59	74.0	3.6	0	9	0.00	0.0	0
1980-08-27	90	65	77.5	7.3	0	13	0.00	0.0	0

The rest of the month looks like this

Unless you are going to the beach, no sane person would rather be hot and sweaty...... going to work, working around the house, relaxing on the porch, taking a walk with the bugs attacking your salty skin, as compared to conditions that sane people consider comfortable. If you need to close the windows late at night, it's better than paying to have A/C going all night in your utopia

Feels like a crisp fall day in the second half of September. I like it...first hints of changes the last couple days.

Don't worry heat lovers, we'll get warm again before it's gone for good. Probably a few glancing blows of heat, but I agree with Scott that it looks kind of tough to get a real meat of any heat domes in here.

Hopefully the 1980/81 winter doesn't happen though, perhaps the coldest Nov Dec Jan I can remember and snowfall was pretty scant, Feb/March was a torch

Strange winter. Christmas Day 1980 ranks with the coldest chill factors ever and 1st CT Lake only got up to -24. Jan 4 set CAR's coldest daily max at -16, then they averaged +15 for the month of Feb, such an extended thaw that the St. John ice ran in late Feb, a month or more earlier than that had occurred before. The only comparable monthly temp departure I've seen in New England is for the cold of 12/89. In Farmington, 80-81 ranks 121st of 121 winters for snowfall, and since 79-80 ranks 120th, it was a double play I'd rather not see repeated.

Brief shower about 9 AM, with low 50s. Autumnal.

Feels like a crisp fall day in the second half of September. I like it...first hints of changes the last couple days.

Don't worry heat lovers, we'll get warm again before it's gone for good. Probably a few glancing blows of heat, but I agree with Scott that it looks kind of tough to get a real meat of any heat domes in here.

Never really built any sustained heat this year with the ridge staying west, Outside of Early July and some days here in there between, It has been a cool wet summer up here anyways, I know some have missed out on a lot of the precip that has fallen but it certainly did not miss up here, Hopefully that carry's right thru the winter............lol

I love that folks are bitching that its cool out, I tell them you would welcome this in Jan

A lot of people have been commenting on what a cool summer it has been. I just tell them this is what a normal summer feels like even though technically it has been a warmer than normal summer. Through yesterday for the season:

BDL +0.7

BDR +0.8

BOS +0.5

ORH +0.3

PVD +0.1

A lot of people have been commenting on what a cool summer it has been. I just tell them this is what a normal summer feels like even though technically it has been a warmer than normal summer. Through yesterday for the season:

BDL +0.7

BDR +0.8

BOS +0.5

ORH +0.3

PVD +0.1

Thank you.

BDL +0.7

BDR +0.8

BOS +0.5

ORH +0.3

PVD +0.1

How dare you bring facts to the table!!

Archived