Newest Member
    Toothache
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI - off topic from weather but it might impact some of the board members:

New London (New London), CT **State of Emergency** City Wide - The Mayor has issued a State of Emergency for a massive leak in the water system. Water supply is estimated to run out with in a few hours. Unknown on actual restore time, could take days to repair - 8/14/14 - 10:15 (WXBG)

The Euro and ensembles do show a rainer though-Tue into Wed.  

Yes, but its essentially a synoptic rainstorm without a deep tropical connection. If you look at the flow, it is not a deep neg tilted trough with ML winds tearing out of the south...its more of a progressive flow with a nice shortwave in it...we'd like the setup in winter, lol. It'll pick up some moisture from the southeast, but nothing like yesterday...not unless the setup changes.

Yes, but its essentially a synoptic rainstorm without a deep tropical connection. If you look at the flow, it is not a deep neg tilted trough with ML winds tearing out of the south...its more of a progressive flow with a nice shortwave in it...we'd like the setup in winter, lol. It'll pick up some moisture from the southeast, but nothing like yesterday...not unless the setup changes.

I get that, but the argument was for a stretch of boring weather, which even if this is a run of the mill storm, I wouldn't quantify the stretch of weather as boring, which to me implies dry average weather like we've had alot of this summer.   On a personal note, I'm taking the boys camping at Hammonassett Thur-Sun, so let it rain Wed! 

Archived