Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All windows closed and locked for warmth at night on August 14. This blows and blows and blows

Locking your windows--the newest trend in home-heating efficiency.   :)

Got up to 66.6 yesterday and down to 51.7 last night.  ZFP of mid-60's, p/c of 68* for today.  Ah---the dog days.

Spending the weekend up in Maaahblehead.  Might be a bit cool on the water tomorrow.  Better pack my shawls.

Locking your windows--the newest trend in home-heating efficiency.   :)

Got up to 66.6 yesterday and down to 51.7 last night.  ZFP of mid-60's, p/c of 68* for today.  Ah---the dog days.

Spending the weekend up in Maaahblehead.  Might be a bit cool on the water tomorrow.  Better pack my shawls.

If you aren't careful Jack Frost might walk off with your TV.

If you aren't careful Jack Frost might walk off with your TV.

LOL.  Speaking of TV's, I replaced my 6 year-old SONY with a UHD yesterday.   Football season will not be the same. 

Now I'll be able to add more insight to the quarterly discussion that erupts on the board as to which OCM are the most attractive.

Looks like the mid week system is a total miss now. 

Noyes was showing some stuff on air this morning

1)Goldenrod is where it usually is in Sept.

2)people are calling in saying horse coats are thickening up a month early

3)Leaf change is accelerated everywhere..not just swamps he was saying

4)Some kind of webworm in Vermont that usually comes out in mid Sept..is already out now

I just don't understand this line of thinking. You can't swim, you can't go to the beach..Always have to have a jacket with you at night. It's not summer

Just epic beach weather.  We had surf last night.  Beach was packed. This is New England people have no problem with sweatshirts and beach.

IMAG0450_zps750438ad.jpg

IMAG0451_zps4bdb4083.jpg

Just epic beach weather.  We had surf last night.  Beach was packed. This is New England people have no problem with sweatshirts and beach.

IMAG0450_zps750438ad.jpg

IMAG0451_zps4bdb4083.jpg

I don't know  anyone that wants to wear a sweatshirt and leggins at a beach. You go to the beach to enjoy warmth of summer and cool off from the heat in the water..not wear a winter wardrobe. There's going to be a time soon where New England is going to pay the piper for this. Hopefully it's not this winter

Andrew, we got stuck when we were out there two weeks ago. Sand was so friggin soft with the lack of rain...probably better now.

First turnoff is really soft this year. Second turn off you could take a honda accord. My mom takes her Jeep Compass on 2nd turnoff which is a glorified shopping carriage with no problem.  First turnoff I've seen some serious Jeeps stuck. Rich kids with a $40k sahara unlimited with no idea you can air down. 

I always carry a shovel with me even with my truck.    They really need an air station like they have on the Cape and Vineyard.

First turnoff is really soft this year. Second turn off you could take a honda accord. My mom takes her Jeep Compass on 2nd turnoff which is a glorified shopping carriage with no problem.  First turnoff I've seen some serious Jeeps stuck. Rich kids with a $40k sahara unlimited with no idea you can air down. 

I always carry a shovel with me even with my truck.    They really need an air station like they have on the Cape and Vineyard.

I think it was first turnoff too. We ended up just pushing a bit and it was ok. Hell of a workout though..lol. 

I don't know  anyone that wants to wear a sweatshirt and leggins at a beach. You go to the beach to enjoy warmth of summer and cool off from the heat in the water..not wear a winter wardrobe. There's going to be a time soon where New England is going to pay the piper for this. Hopefully it's not this winter

We had a slightly above normal June and July. What's to pay for? It's called New England...we don't avg 92/72.

Archived