Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro actually did pretty decent..though verbatim it didn't show those huge 5"+ jacpots, but the global models rarely do. You try and extrapolate where the best axis of rain will setup based on the historical precedent for such a synoptic setup. Obviously trying to nail it down within 10-20 miles is going to be pretty tough because you have to be accurate with the convergence zone in the low levels...which is probably tougher in the summer than in winter.

Actually just went back to WeatherBell to check the 13.00z 13km run. Like you say, didn't have 5+ inches, but had a stripe of 3" from MTP through PVD and BOS then just east of PWM. That's pretty decent for a global model right there.

Great, you've already cursed us.

LOL.

What a night.

10341754_676052439145749_182553003937560

Wow--where is that?

Beautiful morning on our way to a couple of days with  early fall-like afternoons in the 60's..  New tv is being delivered this morning.   .  I'll spend way to much time with that today.  Bring on football!!

54.7/48 

LOL.

Wow--where is that?

Beautiful morning on our way to a couple of days with  early fall-like afternoons in the 60's..  New tv is being delivered this morning.   .  I'll spend way to much time with that today.  Bring on football!!

55.0/48 

Believe this is the La Quinta area of Park Ave. in Portland. I think you can see the La Quinta sign in the picture.

Remember last year.. How we'd be cold and snow and then cutters and 1-2 day torches ruined things. He thinks same idea just not as bitter cold as last winter.

The vibe of last winter was cold however. Variability fits El Niño even if we're ENSO neutral in actuality. I think like the summer, torches this upcoming winter will be of the muted variety.

Archived