Toothache
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HRR has sucked all summer. Use RPM

Sun is out. Let's destabilize

RPM or RAP?  HRRR and RAP looked pretty similar, not handling the rain in BTV's and ALB's CWA all that great today.

I think they've been showing a more climo favored precip pattern with the terrain on SE flow, but so far from what I can tell by checking in up there, terrain has had little to do with what's happened today.  The meso-scale models like to take a strong low level jet of 30-50kts at H85 and will really go nuts with the terrain.  Most of the time that's correct, in this instance though, there's been no mountain enhancements I can really see in VT.

But I really think the models were having trouble resolving how that heavy band in CT/MA/NH would be robbing moisture from areas NW of that.  Its been an interesting event in that regard.

RPM or RAP?  HRRR and RAP looked pretty similar, not handling the rain in BTV's and ALB's CWA all that great today.

I think they've been showing a more climo favored precip pattern with the terrain on SE flow, but so far from what I can tell by checking in up there, terrain has had little to do with what's happened today. 

But I really think the models were having trouble resolving how that heavy band in CT/MA/NH would be robbing moisture from areas NW of that.  Its been an interesting event in that regard.

Last night's Euro had a screw zone through VT.

Over 4 inches of rain with this event so far not bad lots of ponding in areas

Wow--impressive!!

2.37" at the Pit.

62.5/62

The thunder during the last 30 mins has been about a 5.0 on the Richter scale.

Congrats!!

2.23 total.

It's not much..but every little bit helps twds the drought

Since when does 2.23" of rain count as ' not much'?  Granted it's not Islip, seriously?  That's 2' with lollies to 30" in January.

2.23 total.

It's not much..but every little bit helps twds the drought

I went into Putnam this afternoon as I needed some things, and every dry, cracked creekbed I saw yesterday turned into raging rivers.  This is a drought buster for sure... the duration is an important part as it wasn't like some 45 minute t-storm that drops 1.5", most of which runs off.  This was a 16 hour soaker.

I think you guys are fine now, the lawns will respond quickly this week.  My dad said he hasn't been mowing the lawn much at all lately and when he does its been a dust bowl...but I think that's gone.  The lawn is spongy now when you walk on it.  I've got around 2.5" in the crude garden gauge.

Also having some cool mist and drizzle which must be out of low clouds because there are breaks of blue up high.

Archived