Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch us get a flip when we don't want one

Yeah, like Tip said, "we'll need to turn the roulette wheel during seasonal migration S of colder heights before we find a new paradigm." 

Something this fall is likely to shake things up and I like the roulette wheel analogy...something shakes the pattern up and then we just hope that new pattern is able to carry us in the winter.  The changing wave lengths as we head into the fall, along with the larger thermal gradients as those fresh cold airmasses start moving south, something will cause a change...just hopefully it isn't like ridge-east, trough-west type change up, lol.

Yeah, like Tip said, "we'll need to turn the roulette wheel during seasonal migration S of colder heights before we find a new paradigm." 

Something this fall is likely to shake things up and I like the roulette wheel analogy...something shakes the pattern up and then we just hope that new pattern is able to carry us in the winter.  The changing wave lengths as we head into the fall, along with the larger thermal gradients as those fresh cold airmasses start moving south, something will cause a change...just hopefully it isn't like ridge-east, trough-west type change up, lol.

I hear ya there

Seems dews don't get below 60 starting Saturday thru end of next week if ens have a clue

You aren't reading the ensembles very well then. They have a mean low pressure just north of Maine starting next Tuesday and mean high pressure north of the lakes. That equals a dry Cp airmass advection...which synoptically makes sense after the trough moves east from a position west of us on the weekend.

Are the ensembles right? Well that's debatable. But they definitely do not support a humid airmass all of next week.

You aren't reading the ensembles very well then. They have a mean low pressure just north of Maine starting next Tuesday and mean high pressure north of the lakes. That equals a dry Cp airmass advection...which synoptically makes sense after the trough moves east from a position west of us on the weekend.

Are the ensembles right? Well that's debatable. But they definitely do not support a humid airmass all of next week.

he's trying

lol...you guys crack me up.  Do ensembles show dew points at that range or is it all pure conjecture that the magical 60F line would be riding into New England?

Its almost like model graphics designers should start putting the fabled 60F dew point isotherm as a standard variable...like the 540dm thickness line.  Every model should just show the 60F dew isotherm.

Funny stuff.

It appears that the chamber members may themselves be on vacation this weekend, but they've worked hard all season. Can't fault them for a break.

Hopefully it's a short one as I have family coming in the weekend of the 9th.  Meanwhile, I might have to run an 11.6 mile race in NL this Saturday.  I use the word "race" in a very disingenuous way.  Ugh.

Bears the last two nights.  They could at least come by in the light for some photo ops.

Saturday looks close to a washout. Sunday could be ok if the front is south, but the euro ensembles are wet. I don't think it's that warm if the front can't make it up. Location of the front is questionable.

A ten family lobsterbake on Duxbury beach Saturday. 80 lbs of lobsters on order.

Will need to make a decision tomorrow on whether or not to cancel.

A ten family lobsterbake on Duxbury beach Saturday. 80 lbs of lobsters on order.

Will need to make a decision tomorrow on whether or not to cancel.

That blows.  Weekend nice streak had to end at some point.  Hope it ends up being an easy decision.  Nothing worse than canceling only to have it end up dry or vice versa.

So what's the scoop for this weekend?   Doesn't look like a washout, warm/humid with some storms/showers here and there?

The rain looks widespread and steady on the Euro. Not hit or miss activity. At least for most of Saturday. Boston doesn't clear out until overnight into Sunday.

The 00z GFS on the other hand barely has any rain for Saturday and instead Sunday is a total washout.

The rain looks widespread and steady on the Euro. Not hit or miss activity. At least for most of Saturday. Boston doesn't clear out until overnight into Sunday.

The 00z GFS on the other hand barely has any rain for Saturday and instead Sunday is a total washout.

:lol: gotta love that.  Euro's probably right, but regardless, appears one of the days is a washout.

Archived