joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Obs. Thread

mackerel_sky

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in Croatian National Forest between New Bern and Havelock. I saw some rotation in the storm and decided it was too risky to stay on the unpaved roads so I turned around and left. Torrential downpaors were surrounding the area I was watching but nothing near the rotation itself.

I'm in Croatian National Forest between New Bern and Havelock. I saw some rotation in the storm and decided it was too risky to stay on the unpaved roads so I turned around and left. Torrential downpaors were surrounding the area I was watching but nothing near the rotation itself.

I would've thought that the Croatian National Forest was in Eastern Europe.  Perhaps near the Serbian National Forest?  ;)

(Sorry, I couldn't resist...)

Cloudy skies and mid 70s here in Hickory, NC.  Livin' the dream in July!

I knew we'd hear from you as soon as you hit the jackpot   :lol:

lol - seems like mby hasnt been the jackpot for ages lmao.  storms and heavy rains all around - finally had a good old fashion rain event.  seems like these dont occur that much anymore since there havent been any tropical systems moving through in years

other than this event the weather has been downright boringly mundane here this summer.  not all bad since i have been busy as work i guess (active weather for prolonged periods make it awfully hard to concentrate)

Rained off and on all weekend. Highs only hit 79° both Saturday and Sunday which set record low maximums for those days. More rain on the way again today... There's a remote chance we'll experience another day with highs only in the 70s. If so, it'll make it the first time since Reagan was in office that we've experienced 3+ days with highs in the 70s in July. I'm loving it! :D

Archived