• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Obs. Thread

mackerel_sky

Of course we only get 0.02 with the most rain falling around the surrounding areas.

0.23 for the month.

Ouch  :(      CAE has recorded 2.53 so far this month, with 1.32 of that falling on the 10th. Still (officially) -1.37 behind and climbing, but mby has received not even half of what the Airport recorded    <_<   :(   

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

98 and sunny. Hot as ****. Dry as hell. Why did we have a 50% chance of rain today when **** hasn't popped up on radar? I see they reduced it to 20% now and for the next couple if days(Maybe it will actually rain now). Looking at the forecast for the next week, we might make it through the whole month without a half inch of rain. High chance this will go down as the driest July on record. My station has 0.23. A very nearby station has 0.26. Another has 0.51.

Look at that crap. Wait... I'm not even going to complain because it's just the same thing that has been happening for a month now. We had a SWS for 55mph winds and everything went south and dissipated here.

96, sunny, windy, thunder. I was almost excited for some action 40 minutes ago.

Edit: Now look at the storms blowing up everywhere to the east because the complex has reached the favored areas this year.

Got reverse Waycrossed today when a storm popped up right over top of me and pretty much rained itself out.  Haven't got a total since somebody thought it would be funny to fill my rain gauge one day when we had no rain and it said 3.56", then the next day they stole it because a rain gauge without a receive is so useful.  Yeah yeah pick on the weather nerd.  Man I am sounding like Crapper Jim over here.

This is suppose to be the hot day. A day back the forecast was for 97. NWS has dropped it back to 93 but with the rain this morning and maybe more coming towards the Triangle from the NW maybe we stay in the 80s. Would be nice.......then the big cool down for next week.

Only 77 now. Going to be hard to get to 93. I don't think anyone saw the storms coming this morning. Wonder if we will get more storms tonight and tomorrow.

Only 77 now. Going to be hard to get to 93. I don't think anyone saw the storms coming this morning. Wonder if we will get more storms tonight and tomorrow.

I think it managed 86 (to this point) for a high. The yard stayed soaking wet all day but I'll take it over the heat. Some of the Ga folks were talking about the dryness they were experiencing. I really wish we could send them some of what we've been getting.  

CAE recorded 100 for a high temp today and their H.I. obs say 104 at the highest   :angry:

I just know this weekend was simply miserable at the ballpark   :(

EDIT:  It will be a while before it cool off again   <_<

CAE......

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM MONDAY MORNING/...
IT WAS A VERY WARM AND HUMID AFTERNOON ACROSS THE MIDLANDS TODAY
WITH COLUMBIA METRO REACHING 100 DEGREES AND MOST OTHER LOCATIONS
IN THE MID AND UPPER 90S. THE RELATIVELY DRY AIRMASS IN PLACE WITH
PWAT VALUES AROUND 1.5-1.7 INCHES AND WEAK DOWNSLOPING
NORTHWESTERLY MID LEVEL FLOW PREVENTED ANY CONVECTION IN OUR AREA.

HOWEVER...FURTHER NORTH AND WEST SIGNIFICANT SEVERE STORMS
OCCURRED OVER PARTS OF THE OHIO VALLEY AND ARE ONGOING INTO THE
CENTRAL APPALACHIANS EARLY THIS EVENING. THIS CONVECTION IS
ASSOCIATED WITH SHORTWAVE ENERGY ROTATING THROUGH THE BROAD UPPER
TROUGH WHICH WILL CONTINUE TO MOVE ACROSS THE OHIO VALLEY INTO NEW
ENGLAND OVERNIGHT.

LATEST RADAR TRENDS AND HRRR MODEL RUNS ARE INDICATING THAT THE
CONVECTION WILL WEAKEN AS IT APPROACHES THE FORECAST AREA
LATER
THIS EVENING BUT WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR ITS PROGRESS AND ADD
SOME POPS TO THE NORTHERN MIDLANDS IF NEEDED.
OTHERWISE...TEMPERATURES WILL BE SLOW TO FALL OVERNIGHT WITH
INCREASING CONVECTIVE DEBRIS CLOUDS AND A FORECAST 35 KNOT LOW
LEVEL JET WHICH WILL KEEP THE BOUNDARY LAYER MIXED. THE RECORD
HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE FOR COLUMBIA ON JULY 28 IS 78 COULD BE IN
JEOPARDY OF FALLING...THAT IS IF THE TEMPERATURE MONDAY NIGHT
BEHIND THE FRONT DOES NOT FALL BELOW 78 DEGREES BEFORE MIDNIGHT

:(

We had a low of 78 for yesterday. So far the low for today is 81. The thing that is going to piss me off, is that we get an outflow boundary today and that drops our temperature into the 70s. We have to make it all the way to midnight with the temperature above 80 to break the all time record low min. I can tell some BS is going to happen this afternoon.

.91" yesterday. Good thing we had that lunchtime line pass through, because we didn't see a thing the rest of the day or overnight. Definite change in the air this morning. The lower humidity sure doesn't make it feel like it's 77° out there this morning.

Other places set records as well in the area.

Currently 90/80/107.

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE JACKSONVILLE FL

936 AM EDT MON JUL 28 2014

...HEAT ADVISORY AND SLIGHT RISK OF SEVERE STORMS SE GA...

...RECORD MAX MINS THIS MORNING AT GNV AND AMG...

.UPDATE...A MUGGY HUMID START TO THE DAY WITH STRONG DEEP LAYER

SUBSIDENCE IN PLACE AND A LOW LEVEL FLOW OFF OF THE WARM GOMEX.

RECORD MAX MIN TEMPS WERE REACHED THIS MORNING:

SITE NEW RECORD PREVIOUS RECORD/YEAR

GNV 77 76/1992

AMG 78 76/2011

BOTH JAX AND SSI CAME WITHIN 1 DEG OF TYING THE RECORD MAX MIN

TEMP FOR THE DATE AT 79.

Archived