Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Obs. Thread

mackerel_sky

Some crazy rainfall amounts earlier this evening:

2 SE Cary [Wake Co, NC] NWS EMPLOYEE reports HEAVY RAIN of 3.71 INCH at 6:36 PM EDT -- 3.71 INCHES IN THE LAST HOUR

2 S Cary [Wake Co, NC] TRAINED SPOTTER reports HEAVY RAIN of 3.00 INCH at 6:15 PM EDT -- 3 INCHES OF RAIN IN THE PAST HOUR AT 101 MAINSAIL DR IN CARY

3 NNW Lake Wheeler [Wake Co, NC] NWS EMPLOYEE reports HEAVY RAIN of 3.07 INCH at 6:30 PM EDT -- 3.07 IN THE LAST HOUR

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM RAINFALL SET AT RALEIGH-DURHAM INTL AIRPORT

NC...

THE TOTAL RAINFALL SO FAR TODAY AT THE RALEIGH-DURHAM INTL AIRPORT

HAS BEEN 4.18 INCHES. THIS BREAKS THE OLD DAILY RAINFALL RECORD FOR

JULY 15TH OF 2.80 SET IN 1954. MORE RAIN IS EXPECTED THROUGH

MIDNIGHT...THUS THIS RECORD WILL BE UPDATED ON THE NEXT CLIMATE RUN.

finally got about .50" today with a little thunder (nothing all that exciting sadly lol).  first time in a while it rained imby - and as many others here have been saying there have been MANY days with 60, 70% chances and higher and ended up sunny without a drop

hows the water out that way? Between Sharon Harris and the wood treatment plants I would be concerned out in mo cure.

It's actually really good. We are on a spit of land between The Haw and the Deep rivers 3 miles west of where they cross US1. The water table moves pretty well under us. Having been on well water most of my life I was very interested in quality. We had it tested as part of due diligence. It is very clean and the flavor is the best I've ever had right out of the tap.

It's actually really good. We are on a spit of land between The Haw and the Deep rivers 3 miles west of where they cross US1. The water table moves pretty well under us. Having been on well water most of my life I was very interested in quality. We had it tested as part of due diligence. It is very clean and the flavor is the best I've ever had right out of the tap.

nice. I used to have a friend that lived on the "bus farm" out that way

Archived