joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Obs. Thread

mackerel_sky

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

56.8º here this morning.  Very nice, as is 78.3º at high noon.

You beat me in the temp game this morning, jburns.  I thought I'd have a good shot at the Piedmont low.  You don't usually post temps, so I don't recall much to compare to, but are Archdale temps generally similar to Hickory temps?  I guess you're about 50 miles or so ENE of me.

Overall the day was quite nice.  It got a little warmer than I expected this afternoon, but still can't complain based on July standards.  The high temp was 84.5 F IMBY.  I managed to get in some early afternoon tennis (gotta love the education schedule, even if I don't love the education pay!) and thoroughly enjoyed it.

You beat me in the temp game this morning, jburns.  I thought I'd have a good shot at the Piedmont low.  You don't usually post temps, so I don't recall much to compare to, but are Archdale temps generally similar to Hickory temps?  I guess you're about 50 miles or so ENE of me.

Overall the day was quite nice.  It got a little warmer than I expected this afternoon, but still can't complain based on July standards.  The high temp was 84.5 F IMBY.  I managed to get in some early afternoon tennis (gotta love the education schedule, even if I don't love the education pay!) and thoroughly enjoyed it.

We're usually a bit warmer than you are. 

This is awesome July weather!  I'm sitting at 68 F IMBY with light rain falling.  There is just no way that I will teach the forecasted high temp of 76 F today.  This CAD is strong.  I doubt I'll break 70 F today!  In July!  Awesome!

Only 0.06 inch of rain through the gauge here so far, and I'm sure some of the mountain areas are doing much, much better.  But, I love this kind of rain.  Windows open.  Gentle patter.  Cool temps.  Perfect!

This is awesome July weather!  I'm sitting at 68 F IMBY with light rain falling.  There is just no way that I will teach the forecasted high temp of 76 F today.  This CAD is strong.  I doubt I'll break 70 F today!  In July!  Awesome!

Only 0.06 inch of rain through the gauge here so far, and I'm sure some of the mountain areas are doing much, much better.  But, I love this kind of rain.  Windows open.  Gentle patter.  Cool temps.  Perfect!

Hit 77 at 1 pm today, but down holding around 70.  Got a good downpour fo about half an hour here at the office.  Go just on the east side of 77 where I live and nothing at all.

Hit 77 at 1 pm today, but down holding around 70.  Got a good downpour fo about half an hour here at the office.  Go just on the east side of 77 where I live and nothing at all.

I guess the clouds hung on much stronger here closer to the mountains.  No sun at all today, and I never did break 70 F.

I'm jealous  :P     

It was a nice, balmy 90 degree day at CAE   :icecream:

I'm jealous   :P     

It was a nice, balmy 90 degree day at CAE   :icecream:

Sorry, Buckeye.  It's hard to get that CAD down to Columbia...

Finished yesterday with only 0.13 inch of rain through the gauge, but it was drizzly and cool all day long.  Today looks to set up similarly:  I'm currently sitting at 65.6 F IMBY with thick clouds and another round of showers on the way.  Livin' the dream...

when i saw outside this morning and the rain gauge all i could say was wow and do a double take lol.  the last couple of days have been cool and highs have not hit 80 which was awesome.  now we are getting a deluge!  been pouring most of the night and in the last 2, 2 1/2 days or so have had a whopping 3.27" woo hoo!

Just sprinkles here so far. Not a big event for most areas south of I-85 in SC so far. There is a batch of precip in GA that may hit some of this area this evening but I look for a strip about 20-30 miles wide from Laurens to York counties to stay mostly dry. 

65.3 and 0.68" so far today from a steady moderate rain.  69.8 was the high :thumbsup: It's gonna be hard to go back to the 90's after this week.  Hoping this is gonna be a pattern changer to get us out of the 0.25" every 2 weeks regime.  The week after next can stay hot and dry though bc I'm going on a weeklong fishing/scalloping/snorkeling trip along the gulf coast of florida :snorkle:

At least you have had some rain this month. I don't know what the hell is wrong with this area, but it won't rain. The 60% chance of storms today was a fail.

In the last month we've had about 3" and 2.70" of that came in a one hour period. Really kind of pathetic considering all the hype we've had about being in a wet pattern. We usually get rain on the days when there's only a 20% chance of rain. The days where there's a 60-70% chance you can forget about it.

this has been one heck of a summer rain - 4" (just some drizzle now. hoping to get more lol)

I knew we'd hear from you as soon as you hit the jackpot   :lol:

At least you have had some rain this month. I don't know what the hell is wrong with this area, but it won't rain. The 60% chance of storms today was a fail.

I'm right there with you, along with quite a few others   :(      

mby is in red   :lol:

post-279-0-66098400-1405861745_thumb.png

I did enjoy a cloudy day with the high of only 83 yesterday   :wub:

Archived