joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Obs. Thread

mackerel_sky

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.10" today from a 2 hour shower that literally went around us. The heaviest rain started up in Smithfield, dipped just to the South of here, then lifted back to the N towards Clayton and Garner. We were just inside the fringe the whole time.

Not much on the radar. But here in western Fay we are getting heavy rain and thunder. Sounds nice man nice and dark

Yeah, it looks like you're located near a weak convergence zone, maybe.  Spotty small showers/storms are forming in a west-east line through the Fayetteville area and moving east.  Farther north, nothing but patchy clouds.

Pops got bumped to 70% which seems pretty high looking at the current radar.  It doesn't look impressive at all for the upstate.

I have absolutely no clue what GSP sees to give us 90% chance of rain tonight. That kind of coverage is simply not happening. This will one of many busted storm forecasts they have made this year.  

I have absolutely no clue what GSP sees to give us 90% chance of rain tonight. That kind of coverage is simply not happening. This will one of many busted storm forecasts they have made this year.  

I swear to god,  the only times I've gotten any rain, or at least any rain of note,  the last 4 or 5 months has been when the rain chances were really low or virtually non existent. When there is a good or high chance, I've got nothing..over and over. So i'm looking forward to the lower chances coming up..maybe then I'll get something :arrowhead:

I swear to god,  the only times I've gotten any rain, or at least any rain of note,  the last 4 or 5 months has been when the rain chances were really low or virtually non existent. When there is a good or high chance, I've got nothing..over and over. So i'm looking forward to the lower chances coming up..maybe then I'll get something :arrowhead:

It's been like that here all summer. Very isolated when it comes to the storms and rain. It's been feast or famine.

Archived