joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Obs. Thread

mackerel_sky

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got .3 inches of wet rain yesterday afternoon, when the last shower in a line coming down, stumbled while trying to miss me, and fell right on top of my yard.  That's .3 more than I've seen in a month, so I was  pretty frightened, but calmer thoughts prevailed in the end, so I got nekked and danced around the yard...which caused the rain to stop.  I won't be doing that again until a TD comes up, and there is a better chance of the rain outlasting the nekked dance :)  T

Mack did you get anything from that severe thunderstorm? TWC said it was some wind damage from it.

No! :(. That was about 10 miles north of me, I didn't even get the ground wet! Totally collapsed over my house. I'm a firm believer in drought begets drought, and we are in a drought at my house. When we do get a storm once every 10 days or so, they produce .25 of precip or less every single time! I hope drought brings a cold snowy winter, if so, 2014-2015 winter will be bangin'!!! :). Currently sunny and muggy and dry

Mack and sparklecity, this is for you.  Abnormally dry areas in upstate SC are quite prevalent.  I'm surprised the immediate western piedmont of NC is not also shaded in yellow.

20140708_southeast_none.png

Here is the estimated rainfall totals from the past 14 days.  You can once again see that those of us hanging out in the shadow of the Apps have been disadvantaged by the downsloping.  The minimum area of rainfall does appear to now stretch further east too along I-40 until you get near or just beyond Raleigh.  On the other hand, for whatever reason, the Charlotte metro area has been a magnet for abundant rainfall this summer.

gjPPAmE.png?1

Mack and sparklecity, this is for you. Abnormally dry areas in upstate SC are quite prevalent. I'm surprised the immediate western piedmont of NC is not also shaded in yellow.

20140708_southeast_none.png

Here is the estimated rainfall totals from the past 14 days. You can once again see that those of us hanging out in the shadow of the Apps have been disadvantaged by the downsloping. The minimum area of rainfall does appear to now stretch further east too along I-40 until you get near or just beyond Raleigh. On the other hand, for whatever reason, the Charlotte metro area has been a magnet for abundant rainfall this summer.

gjPPAmE.png?1

Thanks for posting that map to confirm my suspicions of a drought! I am in a dark blue circle on that map

I got .3 inches of wet rain yesterday afternoon, when the last shower in a line coming down, stumbled while trying to miss me, and fell right on top of my yard.  That's .3 more than I've seen in a month, so I was  pretty frightened, but calmer thoughts prevailed in the end, so I got nekked and danced around the yard...which caused the rain to stop.  I won't be doing that again until a TD comes up, and there is a better chance of the rain outlasting the nekked dance :)  T

So this is what I've been doing wrong?  :(   :P  

Omg!!!! I'm not home but the Davis is reporting 0.47" in 2 minutes!

Nice!  :weight_lift:

MBY received a cool breeze from the outflow of a little cell that dumped some sprinkles near the river   :tomato:  :arrowhead:     

Sure thing. Waycross does look quite dry. And here's the link so you can access whenever you want: http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge2/RFC_Precip/

gBTMC8N.png

Not sure why we can't get a storm to pop up. The storms pop up in the same areas everyday. Look at today's radar, then look at the past 14 days. We are in a worst position than upstate SC. It actually should be no precipitation on that map in this area.

Archived