joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring/ Summer 2014 Convection Discussion

weatherwiz

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HRR insists on another line after the one entering western areas now, but there doesn't look like much behind it

There are cells firing behind it.. looks alot like the 20z hrrr to me right now. Front end of this line, gusty winds, freq lightning probably. Could be some very good rains for you.

Whatever that was overhead, believe what you want.

As "IT" approached I did notice the scud to the north moving away  SE to NW the rain-shaft was moving in from the W south of the rotation (I'll call it a funnel) radar depicted that as a hook. If the populous call it scud then scud it is.

In the overall scheme little if any importance this holds.   

This seems to be the best pic with regards to possible rotation. There's a "wrapping" look and texture to the clouds but another angle would help. All the others really just looked like scud.

Yeah you can see striations...and I guess depending on that direction we are facing,...the clearing could be the RFD. Still not easy to tell on a still pic.

Do have to keep an eye on tomorrow...even though I agree with Scott that the main show may be more NY/PA, however, western/central MA and CT I think are in the game.  SPC SREF has some decent probs and also has another sig tor area highlighted so have to watch any discrete again.  The 21z SPC SREF has 150 m2s2 of 0-3km helicity and 100 m2s2 of 0-1km helicity...not eye opening numbers but those numbers are elevated enough to make things interesting is there is decent cape and you have any discrete...could also enahnce hail potential 

Archived