Newest Member
    joxey
Spring/ Summer 2014 Convection Discussion

weatherwiz

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tips house flattened?

Shot up 190 around 4:20pm and caught a tremendous view of meso.   One CG per second average output....   Strong RFD or apparent RFD type down burst rocking trees/stripping small leaves and branches going E of Rt 2 around 4:45pm ... Hit Fort Devens and large Oaks were split mid trunk and laying across the road, diverting traffic.  Rain streams were pouring out of the woods and causing severe ponding. 

Did not see a funnel.  Very severe storm however, with exception short duration rain/ wind burst.   My observations are a wet microburst came through but will await final assesment.  

Shot up 190 around 4:20pm and caught a tremendous view of meso.   One CG per second average output....   Strong RFD or apparent RFD type down burst rocking trees/stripping small leaves and branches going E of Rt 2 around 4:45pm ... Hit Fort Devens and large Oaks were split mid trunk and laying across the road, diverting traffic.  Rain streams were pouring out of the woods and causing severe ponding. 

Did not see a funnel.  Very severe storm however, with exception short duration rain/ wind burst.   My observations are a wet microburst came through but will await final assesment.  

Pics????

What a light show almost continous strikes. The sky above is split, Sun right on the edge of the anvil, blue skies to the south and east, northwest is darker than the darkest of nights. Bolts shooting out of the base   This sucka is heaing straight down Rt.2 ......

What a surprise!

I guess it could be possible to coast, but HRRR seemed a little robust to me. Shear is good though.

NAM at least keeps some solid MUcape values around...so if anything maybe storms would just become elevated?  sfc-based instability didn't look all too bad though either (at least given the presence of stronger deep layer shear) 

NAM at least keeps some solid MUcape values around...so if anything maybe storms would just become elevated?  sfc-based instability didn't look all too bad though either (at least given the presence of stronger deep layer shear) 

NAM keys in on a 850 theta-e ridge coming in..hence MU CAPE.

Archived