• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring/ Summer 2014 Convection Discussion

weatherwiz

I'm just going by the radar images. There was some 60 DBZ there, but other areas had some good echoes too like south of Tolland...maybe by you too I guess.  It was definitely a good lightning producer in most areas. Hopefully Kevin is enjoying making smores with his girls.

Maybe there's a dance recital he can go to to take his mind off the big convective miss.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearing Eastford And Woodstock FD's out with a lot of calls, so it appears so

Power flashed a couple times here. Decent light show, but not a ton of wind. Amazing how these things can be so localized. east of here, west of here, north of here got hit, not so much right here. A/C is running, so I'm ok with it.

Storm is rolling through Waltham. Hail for sure could hear it pinging on the window ac. Huge branches came down with the leading edge of the storm. Torrential rains.

Do you know what size the hail was?  How big in diameter were the branches?  If >4'' could you send me the street name please

Do you know what size the hail was?  How big in diameter were the branches?  If >4'' could you send me the street name please

I could only hear the hail probably pea sized though. The branches that are in the street are probably 2-3 inches in diameter. I'm up in the Waltham highlands, right near prospect hill park.

Archived