• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Tropical Disco 2014 SNE

Damage In Tolland

With the quickly developing strong nino..the TS storm would seem to favor a  lower number of storms but more direct hits on the E US coast. With some luck we can get one to run up into New England.

Here's JB's outlook..

Joe Bastardi's tropical outlook. Thinks busy year along East Coast pic.twitter.com/VJAeTigEE6

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

JB and accuwx say active year on the East Coast every year. That map is ridiculous at this point... really any time of the year.

it's pretty much like how he goes cold and snowy every year of course he's going to be right a few years...let's hear him say quiet cane season, no hits for anyone and nail it.

-

and after the combined mess here from Sandy and Irene, no thanks, I'll welcome another non year like last year

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking we get a pretty substantial hit in New Eng this year. If we can get some home brew action and with the Midwest trough progged to be there all summer.. We really could get ripped this fall

Hey, that would be awesome as long as a tree doesn't fall on my house. I first found this board during Sandy. But I keep low expectations.

lol, the broken clock, JB going big on the E. Coast Atlantic Hurricane season. 

What does Tim Kelly say?

Even with a possible strong El Nino on board this dude still goes with a big east coast hurricane season, unbelievable. I suppose he could get lucky and get one right (broken clock analogy applies here as described), but odds are always against it, especially with a likely quiet season on hand. 

• 1 month later...

He is right about the number of majors hitting the US. Many have no idea (esp SNE) how costly these storms will be. As a co-worker of mine once said..."People are afraid of the new-new....they should be afraid of the old-new.."  Meaning what happened before will eventually happen again....and it's not necessarily because of anything mankind did.

• 4 weeks later...

The NHC is watching an area currently over Alabama and the Euro model is showing a possibility of it becoming something and heading towards the New England area the last 2 runs similar to Beryl in 2006 which IMO is a good analog storm to compare this to as that year too was an El Nino

Archived