Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Tropical Disco 2014 SNE

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has gusty winds on the east side, but I wasn't too impressed. Verbatim a hell of a rain maker.

It could be a nasty scenario if it gets hung up down south long enough. Most of the 12z ECMWF ensembles are east of the op but a good number of them have development by the end of this weekend. We might also get some interaction with a frontal boundary if the timing works out.

Finally something to break this borring weather.

I really don't see more than showers and a really windy day on mvy/ack right now. Maybe even just a gusty day when all is said and done. I'm almost completely ignoring the storm center itself, pre and tropical downpours flooding etc is the real threat. This thing is barely formed anyways. Once it develops modeled track will probably waver... cant do anything but favor the climo train that'll chug this well offshore most of the time.

I don't think there is too much to talk about unless you like rain. 

Exactly.

What a downer.  2 parties - one on Fri, and one on Sat.  Neither one has provisions for indoor festivities. 

Oh well, I suppose we should  have expected this as tropical action is so common around here during the first freaking weak of July.

:pimp:

I don't think there is too much to talk about unless you like rain. 

Really?  The latest HWRF has a 995 center crossing over or near Rhode Island... not much to talk about?  50-60 MPH winds is a big deal around here figuring we very rarely get more then 20 MPH.

Not saying the HWRF is a good model at all or is reliable, but it is only bout 96 hrs out and the potential is there.

Really? The latest HWRF has a 995 center crossing over or near Rhode Island... not much to talk about? 50-60 MPH winds is a big deal around here figuring we very rarely get more then 20 MPH.

Not saying the HWRF is a good model at all or is reliable, but it is only bout 96 hrs out and the potential is there.

I see virtually no support for that though. With the exception of rain I see little direct impact outside of maybe ACK.

Archived