12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Do We have one More in Us?

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12z ECMWF does this very strange possibly convective feedback induced surface cyclone that is well offshore, with the parent low much closer to the coast. This keeps the max precipitation (and the minimum surface low) further offshore than what some of its ensembles will undoubtedly show. 

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-03-20 at 3.31.03 PM.png

Are you saying there is no chance this could develop a relative warm core because of convection over relatively warmer waters?  That tight little low is near the Gulf Stream.

Hey all- so I've been watching this thing for awhile (check out the tweet from the first post on this thread)- I haven't seen such a strong signal in the ensembles this year for a potential snow storm and had to write about it. Everything about this pattern screams for big potential for a historic storm for the Northeast. The models are going to shift around a little bit but looking at the upstream pattern over the Pacific, there really isn't all that much to go wrong in the models and change things much. There's no West Pac TCs to force an unexpected wave breaking event, and tropical convection is relatively benign at the moment (MJO signal is being driven mainly by circulation). I'm glad someone took the bait with my tweet and I've been skimming through this thread from time to time to see how everyone's feelings change with each new run. Fun stuff! Enjoy the snow :) Thank god I can work from home during this thing! 

Well all joking aside, it is good to see multi member agreement on something. I'll Defintely feel better by 00z Sunday, but my gut is not sold on a miss like previous events. Just has that look.

The western ridge is pretty far west which is usually a good thing if you are trying to keep storms from whiffing east.

Hey all- so I've been watching this thing for awhile (check out the tweet from the first post on this thread)- I haven't seen such a strong signal in the ensembles this year for a potential snow storm and had to write about it. Everything about this pattern screams for big potential for a historic storm for the Northeast. The models are going to shift around a little bit but looking at the upstream pattern over the Pacific, there really isn't all that much to go wrong in the models and change things much. There's no West Pac TCs to force an unexpected wave breaking event, and tropical convection is relatively benign at the moment (MJO signal is being driven mainly by circulation). I'm glad someone took the bait with my tweet and I've been skimming through this thread from time to time to see how everyone's feelings change with each new run. Fun stuff! Enjoy the snow :) Thank god I can work from home during this thing! 

What is meant by that (bold)?

This was well -tracked. The entire tendency for burgeoning western N/A heights/and or intervals therein, was likely more than merely in part driven by a massive surge in MJO wave strength through the 7-8-1 wave spaces that took place over the last two weeks, and subsequent positive feed-back into a weakening WPO mode and downstream rise in the PNA.  This occurred in one pulse already, and the 2nd is slated for next week.  

The governmental agencies charged monitoring, noted this last week.  Granted the wave is looking more incoherent, but as NCEP noted this week that is likely due to nascent destructive interference with environmental conditions, air and sea, over the west Pac. And it's effectiveness on the pattern is lagged, so... if anything, it all should lend credence to the idea of a deepish anomaly then rolling out prior to a warm up. Which, interestingly, is quite akin to the longer range connotation. 

Not intending to be snarky I just don't know what is meant by "driven by circulation," when it was observed to be integral in driving the circulation.  

Well all joking aside, it is good to see multi member agreement on something. I'll Defintely feel better by 00z Sunday, but my gut is not sold on a miss like previous events. Just has that look.

Well ... you already ruined it.  Just like when you opened your cookie slot that last time in some smartass jest and then it did it exactly, we can now all count on Scott's having throughtlessly committed this deal to a 1888 inverted nightmare for eastern NE ...

Good work my friend.  Well played --

Hey all- so I've been watching this thing for awhile (check out the tweet from the first post on this thread)- I haven't seen such a strong signal in the ensembles this year for a potential snow storm and had to write about it. Everything about this pattern screams for big potential for a historic storm for the Northeast. The models are going to shift around a little bit but looking at the upstream pattern over the Pacific, there really isn't all that much to go wrong in the models and change things much. There's no West Pac TCs to force an unexpected wave breaking event, and tropical convection is relatively benign at the moment (MJO signal is being driven mainly by circulation). I'm glad someone took the bait with my tweet and I've been skimming through this thread from time to time to see how everyone's feelings change with each new run. Fun stuff! Enjoy the snow :) Thank god I can work from home during this thing!

Nice, thanks for the input!

Archived