Newest Member
    joxey
3/3 Winter Storm Obs

sctvman

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told you you were going to knock it out! :D

Its still coming down good too. Like down feathers. I had to go stand in it. Eyeballing maybe 1.5" closing on 2.

But another 30-45 mins worth of snow left via radar before its over with for good. Don't think whats around GSO/WS is going to make it here.

Its still coming down good too. Like down feathers. I had to go stand in it. Eyeballing maybe 1.5" closing on 2.

But another 30-45 mins worth of snow left via radar before its over with for good. Don't think whats around GSO/WS is going to make it here.

Awesome! It literally just started sleeting heavily. Would love to see a little snow before it's all said and done.

Sleet is mixing back in now.  Hmm...

EDIT: Yeah, back to all-sleet.  Looks like radar is doing a little bit of training, so I might be able to hang on to decent IP rates for another 15-20 minutes and then we're pretty much done.  Then it's time to go into full-tracking mode for 3/6!  :baby:

EDIT #2: And now big snowflakes are mixing back in.  Eh, whatever.

No snow here yet, just sleet. Went out to get something out of the car and the driveway is really icy. You can't see it but it is slick.

It actually went over to all snow and was really pretty for about fifteen minutes. Now back to light sleet. I think we have a least a couple more bands to come through tonight.

I think the snow is ending.....good 2 -2.5" here. I bit more than I thought. 

Roads are horrible.....

Damn, I've got maybe 0.5" (I'll probably just go with GSO's total since I'm pretty close and this stuff is hard to measure).  Typical with these types of snow events where the winners and losers are so close to one another (well, I guess I wasn't truly a loser, but still, ha).  That band was awesome looking up your way   Luckily, I got clipped towards the end and got to see some awesome rates for a few minutes The road is covered again and might be about to turn into an ice rink as an IP/SN mix continues (though it should wrap up shortly).

ended up with about 2 inches here ... down to 23.3 deg .... btw this was awesome :)

2-3 inches in Brown Summit totaly unexpected! :snowing:

I need to move 10 miles north.

Looks like we're done here now a few miles east of the airport.  ~1/2" of accumulation isn't bad and met expectations, so I'm fine.  We're going to get crushed on Thursday, anyways, so this is just an appetizer.  :yikes:

Archived