• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews
Herb@MAWS

March 2-3 Obs Thread

Down to 25 degrees and snow really picking up imby, also blowing around on a N wind pretty good, really cool storm, 1.4 inches

?  I'm not sure what the sarcasm is about.  This is probably 0.5-1"/hr rates at the moment IMBY. 

No sarcasm.   You are in the meat of the storm.  I'm looking out my window it looks like a cold snowstorm with

the flakes being carried by north winds.  Too bad because it will be over in a few hours.

Then the problems begin with everything a sheet of ice and no ice melter to be bought in central

Maryland.

Measured just under 3" about 30 minutes ago in S Washington Co.  Been snowing heavily since.  Already an overachiever for what I was expecting IMBY.  

730am

Hvy snow

14.1/13

Hard to see across the street right now from my 14th floor condo in Navy Yard... snow rates are impressive.

Radar looks like DC will be on the northern fringe of the heavy rates but we will still get hit pretty good... looks like these rates we are getting now should continue for a while as the radar continues to fill in.

FYI, on top of the 1.5 inches I measured at 7am, there was a clear sheet of ice as well under the snow... probably .25 or so thick. Definitely dangerous conditions outside.

According to the weather station nearest my apt, just dropped 0.5 degrees in 15 mins. Down to 26.1 now. Continued small flakes, but coming down hard. "Plowing" streets, but filling right back in minutes later.

Looking like Frederick, MD (21703 - Near Ballenger Creek) may actually get some decent amounts, as the radar seems to be filling in quite nice for this area...and combined with the current temperature of 24 degrees F resulting in higher ratios/instant stickage, this event is turning out to be surprisingly good!

Highways are covered per the 270/70 traffic cams ( http://www.chart.state.md.us/travinfo/trafficcams.php# )

Stay warm and safe my fellow snow lovers!  :snowing:  :snowing:  :snowing:

My temp has dropped 2.5 degrees since 6am. Now down to 17.5 near rt. 15 & 26

Around 1.5-2" it looks like out the window here in Dundalk. Love that band up in FDK-DMW which should slowly sag south and give some nice totals to Baltimore-Columbia corridor. 

Looks like the worst town on the radar is leesburg:(

Besides being a chick magnet, apparently you are a snow magnet as well.

Nice banding setting up, some drier air between the two hopefully that will fill in, kinda looks like each band has a finger and they're trying to touch

post-2071-0-13145600-1393850199_thumb.jp

4" on deck and sidewalk....16F  snowing heavy.

Pretty much the same here in FDK.  I imagine you guys will pull away in snow totals from us from here on, though.

Measured .1 of ice then .8 of snow about 15 minutes ago in South Arlington.

Visibility now under 1/4 mile.

TWO County trucks just came downhill plowing and salt-sanding.