joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-3 Disco, Part III

stormtracker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS looks nice. Still a bit north of the NAM, which results in the N MD folks getting in on more action. A nice swatch of frozen across DC, Central MD, No Va, etc.

It looks like most will get at least 4 and most everyone should be happy with that as a starting point given how this winter has gone for many.  It has been a good season

RGEM:  850s drop below 0 between 1a and 4a.  I don't have sounding data so I'll conservatively assume we changeover around/just after 4a, which would be in line with other guidance right now.  Precip is much lighter than other guidance and only has QPF totals 1+" down in SW VA.  0.7" total at DC with ~0.4" falling after 4a.

02z looks really good too....it has been trending north.  I don't think those people on the northern periphery should give up....not only because the south trend has been stymied or even reversed, but because people on the fringes can often get into secondary banding that sets up well north of the jackpotted swaths

I've been pulling a Howard all day, and I don't see how this doesn't follow the temp contours and comes northeast.  Philly is not to be denied.

RGEM:  850s drop below 0 between 1a and 4a.  I don't have sounding data so I'll conservatively assume we changeover around/just after 4a, which would be in line with other guidance right now.  Precip is much lighter than other guidance and only has QPF totals 1+" down in SW VA.  0.7" total at DC with ~0.4" falling after 4a.

Lets just not look at the RGEM ;)

Matt, what do you think. Dundalk, SE Baltimore county. Been trying to gauge expectations appropriately with this one, and share that old school skew-t approach trying to not have an over-reliance on a certain model. Thinking a good over under here is 7"? Your thoughts. 

havent really taken a close look but 6-8" sounds right

Archived