• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - March 2014 Pt. I

Me too, we have a scrimmage next Thursday, doubtful, but its on the schedule.

Nah can't happen. Sun angle, the ground temps are to warm etc etc. :whistle:

PS- Neffy is a dad........ :thumbsup:

Congrats Neff....

We have our first scrimmage next tuesday and driving back from lunch, I litterally saw them plowing Etowns field to get ready....

Nut

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a pretty good Euro run at hr 192. It actually bears some similarity with the 3/2/94 storm. Of course this solution is over a week away and the odds of it panning out are pretty low. Still, something fun to watch for now...

attachicon.gifUSA_HGT_500mb_192.gif

attachicon.gifUSA_PRMSL_msl_192.gif

Euro has been very insistent on this storm in that timeframe the last 2-3 days worth of runs. I can hardly wait for tracking after Saturday night (turning clocks ahead an hour) if we still have a storm to watch at that point haha. 

Euro has been very insistent on this storm in that timeframe the last 2-3 days worth of runs. I can hardly wait for tracking after Saturday night (turning clocks ahead an hour) if we still have a storm to watch at that point haha. 

Only problem is that the vortmax associated with the storm is currently over...

Eastern Mongolia. ;)

GFS screaming winter potential for mid next week. EURO has it also i believe, maybe one last hooray for LSV area. But of course it is 6-7 days away so it will change a zillion more times.

Definitely like the look of things for next week. Plenty of cold air available to the north and southern stream moisture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GFS screaming winter potential for mid next week. EURO has it also i believe, maybe one last hooray for LSV area. But of course it is 6-7 days away so it will change a zillion more times.

The way the Euro and GFS are showing potential systems next week, to me they do not look favorable for much of anything in the LSV

The system looks to try and move in with the east coast trough which makes it hard to establish the cold air ahead of time for significant snow.  The lack of snow cover we will have by then will make it tough as well along with the way the models have been too cold with overnight temps around here

The way the Euro and GFS are showing potential systems next week, to me they do not look favorable for much of anything in the LSV

The system looks to try and move in with the east coast trough which makes it hard to establish the cold air ahead of time for significant snow.  The lack of snow cover we will have by then will make it tough as well along with the way the models have been too cold with overnight temps around here

djr5001 = Killer of Dreams  :P

The ECM sounds like those early/late season storms that I've known to see blast the Poconos but us in the NEPA Valleys get 35 and rain.

Like alot of the previous Euro runs today's really anchors cold air in central and northern Penn. Positive 850's do surge up into some of northeast PA for a time but 925 and surface stay solidly below freezing. The storm is alot colder for PA than it would seem just judging off of the 1000-500 thickness map. There'd be some big ice and snows from that type of solution. 

With that said, the Euro is still the only global model showing this big time storm solution. Meanwhile the GFS does have a weaker event off of just the northern branch (wouldn't mind that solution either as it has a decent PA snow event) and the Canadian develops a low to the lakes and just pushes a dry frontal passage through reestablishing a cold air regime. Some agreement on some sort of event around this time next week, but all over the place on what could happen as per usual with it being almost a week away. 

0z euro is insane. Too bad it won't verify.

trying a little reverse psychology I see. I agree odds of the perfect track are low but I do prefer the amped bomb solution. This pattern is a powder keg waiting for a match. I also think this is not the last system likely to bomb out. Past march's that featured one often had several and the pattern seems favorable through the 22nd at least.

Archived