Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA & The Fringes - March 2014 Pt. I

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just measured now that it looks like the last of the echoes are sinking south and east of here.  Exactly 1.0" on the dot.  Temp is 15.3 degrees with a dew point of -2.5.  Will we go below zero here tonight??  That is the burning question.  Coldest temp of this season is -2.4 back in January during the "polar vortex" attack.

A MUST WATCH:

http://www.abc27.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9903482

ABC27 this morning RIPS social media peeps. It is glorious.

He makes a good point but a lot of news media at least in Baltimore always call for 1-3 every single event to the point it is laughable.  I think people have turned to social media for more information concerning storms than broadcast media, where weather analysis varies to the extreme from one station to the other.  Most of us here do not rely on TV forecasts, so others who are less savy than many here but want a better picture of things turn to social media. 

I see a bunch of people blaming the bust on "changing weather." This isn't what happened. Our ability to understand the situation changed and forecasts (should have) changed with it. Meteorology and atmospheric science isn't yet perfect. Models have flaws, not the least of which is the limited sampling ability. Our understanding of wide-scale phenomena and how it relates to local conditions is, in many cases, theoretical.

People need to stop giving bad forecasters a "pass" because of a stupid assertion.

For anyone who's not banned, we should give S&S another old-fashioned ripping in their FB. Who's with me? :lol:

Wouldn't be a bad idea to also remind Pennlive not to use them in the future.  You can't stop stupid people from being stupid, but hopefully you can stop them from being internet heroes.

Ji is gloating, he is at Disney World.

60.5" for the season. Still don't think we are finished going forward...

do i need to remind you its time for ball? :weep:

I wrote to them encouraging them to use actual meteorologists in the future.

so did I.

Things are bad in my parents' neck of the woods. Hundreds of people are stranded in their county on the intersate and various other roads. :/ Most don't have power and not many in that area have any heat source other than electric forced air or baseboards - very few fireplaces.

That's bad stuff right there. You parents always have bad weather..

Archived