Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - March 2014 Pt. I

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't living in PA during the March 2001 debacle, but I can't imagine that this bust was worse. I know that there wasn't any social media to speak of back then, but the 2001 storm had incredible media hype and forecasts of over 2 FEET from DC to NYC.

I wasn't living in PA during the March 2001 debacle, but I can't imagine that this bust was worse. I know that there wasn't any social media to speak of back then, but the 2001 storm had incredible media hype and forecasts of over 2 FEET from DC to NYC.

Technology has advanced 13 years since 2001 and look what happened?

Yea that one had much more top end potential than this one and the players in place to be a historic storm but just never fully got together. However, if we were to specifically talk about this region in terms of bust than yea this one was probably worse. I feel like we had this debate last year around this time with the razor thin cut off line storm and Sus valley mixing debacle we had March 6th (aka the snowquester storm). I think alot of us would take what March 2001 ended up giving central PA over this one save for the LSV. 

post-1507-0-88809400-1393815831_thumb.jp

0z HRRR and RAP snow totals for posterity, they still get some snow into the far southern tier.

HRRR (15 hr)

attachicon.gifacsnw_t3sfc_f15.png

RAP (18 hr)

attachicon.gifacsnw_t3sfc_f18.png

Shhh don't give us hope :P

HRRR and RAP have been too high with snow all day... been keeping track of them but didnt want to post any more depressing info lol... I still think DC area is going to have temperature issues as models continue to run too cold and temperatures are not falling as quickly as the cold air tries to sink southward

HRRR and RAP have been too high with snow all day... been keeping track of them but didnt want to post any more depressing info lol... I still think DC area is going to have temperature issues as models continue to run too cold and temperatures are not falling as quickly as the cold air tries to sink southward

Radar actually looks good for 2-4" here. Snowing again. 

mother nature sometimes just tells us we're #1 and where to stick it. it happens. I don't like it any more than anyone else. but this is a storm where we just have to say "until next time"

Yep pretty much haha, and I do think we'll have a couple more shots this month.

Still 40 in DC and 33 here. Rain moving in for them hope temps crash quickly or more busts coming down south.

Archived