Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 28-March 3rd Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Consistency has been just horrible. Probably the worst all winter at this stage in the game.

NAM seems like an outlier at this point.  Have to think that offices in MO to OH will tend to shy away from it but the morning afd's will be interesting.

NAM seems like an outlier at this point.  Have to think that offices in MO to OH will tend to shy away from it but the morning afd's will be interesting.

I guess if any of the offices were giving credit to the NAM, then the area would be under a winter storm watch by now.

LOT still not putting any headlines out so far, except the SWS.

Don't have the greatest confidence in my call right now but don't have enough confidence to lower it yet either.  Hopefully our Pac system getting into the RAOB network will make enough of a difference to where the Sunday wave trends more favorably here and we can end up on the higher side of things as opposed to something less. 

Don't have the greatest confidence in my call right now but don't have enough confidence to lower it yet either.  Hopefully our Pac system getting into the RAOB network will make enough of a difference to where the Sunday wave trends more favorably here and we can end up on the higher side of things as opposed to something less. 

I'mma be honest, with the way these loops are, is anyone sure? Not meant to be disrespectful, but I don't think any of us can honestly say what we're getting. The NAM has been north every run and ridiculously so last run with the snow, preferring to move the mix? farther north than everyone else. Really thinking the rain-snow line might run through Springfield. Meanwhile, the GFS has been jumping all over the place but has a trend of coming east and tempering its expectations. The hi-res NAM is apparently extremely south, and the NMM looks somewhat like the GFS except the big band looks to hit Quincy and Rushville instead of the GFS's target, northeast Missouri.

At this point, do we even have sampling? Look, I can't believe I'm the one saying this, but I'm gonna kick back, relax, and stick with my 4-8".

The snow that fell overnight was enough to cover everything. Haven't been outside yet but considering the forecast was for less than .5" I'd say wave 1 did a little better than expected imby. P&C for today increased to 3-7". Still plenty if uncertainty even at this late stage. But I'm just gonna enjoy what falls today and hope this is it for the season.

I'm going anti-weenie today: 3.2"

LOT riding with me on my 6.1 call:

CLOUDY. SNOW LIKELY LATE IN THE AFTERNOON. SNOW

ACCUMULATION UP TO 1 INCH. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 20S. NORTH WINDS

10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 60 PERCENT.

TONIGHT

SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 4 TO 6 INCHES. TOTAL SNOW

ACCUMULATION 5 TO 7 INCHES. LOWS 8 TO 12 ABOVE. NORTH WINDS 10 TO

Going to some surprises good and bad with this set up. Will interesting to see the winners and losers...

Ind AFD...

A CAVEAT FOR PLACES LIKE LAF
AND OKK ON SUNDAY NIGHT...COLDER AND DRY AIR WORKING IN FROM THE
NORTH MAY HELP TO CREATE A SHARP CUT-OFF FOR PRECIPITATION AREAS
ACROSS CENTRAL INDIANA...AND NORTHERN PARTS OF THE FORECAST AREA
MAY NOT GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SECOND ROUND OF
SNOWFALL ON SUNDAY NIGHT. WILL TREND AMOUNTS A LITTLE LOWER IN
THESE LOCATIONS BECAUSE OF THIS.

THUS SUMMING UP...LOWER SNOW AMOUNTS NORTH BECAUSE OF DRY AIR
INTRUDING LATE...LOWER SNOW AMOUNTS SOUTH BECAUSE OF WARM AIR
ALOFT PRODUCING FREEZING RAIN EARLY...AND STICKING WITH THE
HIGHEST SNOWFALL AMOUNTS IN THE I-70 CORRIDOR FOR BEING IN THE