joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 28-March 3rd Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bottom row of counties of IWX's area is in the WSW. I'm on the northern edge.

MBY final call 6.4" FWA 5.2" (Saturday morning-Monday morning).

Regardless of the March Model Mayhem, I'm still liking my call for here and FWA. Difference due to slant sticking lol. Actually, I'm just farther south, near what I believe will be the gradient cutoff of the heavier bands.

2-5" total in my p&c. Sounds about right, though I'd be surprised if we hit the higher end of that range (4-5").

Eh, you'll do okay. I'm thinking you'll be at the top end of that range when all is said and done. My p&c calls for 3-6, but I still like 6, maybe a little more.

I'd at LEAST wait for the 12Z runs. The 6Z runs definitely took a step back towards some of the earlier, bigger, solutions.

While I'd like to see the 6z runs become a "trend"...they kinda did the same thing yesterday. But, we'll hope for the best.

Hope you guys do well with this one. :)

Eh, you'll do okay. I'm thinking you'll be at the top end of that range when all is said and done. My p&c calls for 3-6, but I still like 6, maybe a little more.

I think IND has a very good handle on things...with respect to the northern CWA being 7/10'ed. Seems most guidance is indicating that. 

While I'd like to see the 6z runs become a "trend"...they kinda did the same thing yesterday. But, we'll hope for the best.

Hope you guys do well with this one. :)

I think IND has a very good handle on things...with respect to the northern CWA being 7/10'ed. Seems most guidance is indicating that. 

If that happens, you can blame Hoosier for jinxing us! I've been seeing signs of it, but I'm in denial. It's actually been awhile since I've been screwholed.

Seems like it's a different look with every run...but the 12z NAM has a nice 6-8" band from northern MO through the northern ILX CWA and then northern IN.

Also a pretty drastic change at 39 hours...when looking back in OK. We'll see how that translates downstream, but may be very good for the Ohio River area.

For the snow event Chicago to Indy area, the NAM, SREF and GFS have been overdone in northward push of moisture.
Because the cA airmass reached the area prior to the mP airmass from CA the result is a more southward push with each model run update.  The RAP 1-18hr forecasts will be most accurate.  Appears to be a 4" snowfall event, with lake enhancement for Chicago.

Seems like it's a different look with every run...but the 12z NAM has a nice 6-8" band from northern MO through the northern ILX CWA and then northern IN.

Also a pretty drastic change at 39 hours...when looking back in OK. We'll see how that translates downstream, but may be very good for the Ohio River area.

so jb cuts a vid this morning about how the 6znam is finally showing what he thinks will happen, with the last piece being stronger and further north....

....then out rolls the 12znam :lmao:

HI all, if people are here to guess on the weather, that is good.  If people are here to learn about weather, do more with their lives as a result, that is good, too.  Just figuring out the two camps.  Just difficult to see people prognosticate from erroneously trending data and possibly lead others into thinking its accurate.  That is actually dangerous!  

Beyond 12-24 hrs the NAM, SREF, WRF and often the GFS are completely in error on warm air advection winter patterns like we have seen now.  The ECMWF and then the RAP are always best. Thank you.

Archived