northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Late February/March Medium - Long Range Disco

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping for as much snow as possible for as long as possible...I hope at least one of these events causes major disruption to everyday life, causing traffic debacles, power outages, trees down, treacherous roads, school closings, government closings, and otherwise to be as crippling as possible....I'm not kidding...

I believe a lot of people feel the same as you do. Including me...

Well, I'm more or less of the same thinking...with the exception of power outages.  Those are just no fun, whether it's winter or summer, it sucks.  (Also, no power means no access to this site or anything else!)

But I'm all for a storm that closes things down and you just stay at home and enjoy the snow!

I'm hoping for as much snow as possible for as long as possible...I hope at least one of these events causes major disruption to everyday life, causing traffic debacles, power outages, trees down, treacherous roads, school closings, government closings, and otherwise to be as crippling as possible....I'm not kidding...

We have not had anything like that since the derecho. It is long past time. What you described would be even more fun. I am all in.

:)

I'd lock in the GGEM now, 2 advisory snows, 2 warning snows. 

agreed...I'm not afraid afraid to say it...there is nothing I want more than a snowstorm that is devastating...

Well, I'm more or less of the same thinking...with the exception of power outages.  Those are just no fun, whether it's winter or summer, it sucks.  (Also, no power means no access to this site or anything else!)

But I'm all for a storm that closes things down and you just stay at home and enjoy the snow!

Well, power outages are the only thing I don't want! But it's kinda hard not to get those when everything else DOES happen.

I'm hoping for as much snow as possible for as long as possible...I hope at least one of these events causes major disruption to everyday life, causing traffic debacles, power outages, trees down, treacherous roads, school closings, government closings, and otherwise to be as crippling as possible....I'm not kidding..

Of course, why else would you be posting on this board?  The best events are the ones that smack everyone around and remind them that nature is in charge and they will be inconvenienced whenever the weather chooses.

Big march snow is just too rare to expect at all. We start fighting climo too hard and too much can go wrong. Last year was a classic example. lol

At least we have active flow and cold air around over the next 2 weeks. If we had to put all our eggs in one basket we would probably come out on the losing end. I'm all for and interested in any event that can deliver a non-slantsticked 1". 

Ugh...yes!  The Noquester white rain event was a train wreck and still I think in the back of everyone's mind.  Getting killed by marginal BL temps really hurt, that entire day was simply depressing.  Not to meniton criticism due to all the (mostly unnecessary, in hind-sight) closures.  But the set-up and environment was different then.  It appears (caveat emptor here, of course!) that the projected pattern would be more favorable in early March this year than it was last year.

High impact weather is why we are here. Talking about how nice and calm is only to pass time until something good comes along. I'm in for 12-18" of paste with howling 40mph winds. I have a generator. 

:lmao: . Me as well, probably why we are rooting for such a storm. Even before i put one in i still rooted for a storm like that.

Of course, why else would you be posting on this board?  The best events are the ones that smack everyone around and remind them that nature is in charge and they will be inconvenienced whenever the weather chooses.

you dont need to be smacked around to know that nature is in charge...

High impact weather is why we are here. Talking about how nice and calm is only to pass time until something good comes along. I'm in for 12-18" of paste with howling 40mph winds. I have a generator. 

Yeah, something like this would be nice.  With or without a generator...I don't care for power outages, but would take chances that the power wouldn't go out for a long time to experience a storm like that (emergency supplies at hand in case)!  I'd take the 12-18" any time, the winds would be secondary.

Many people do need a wake up call - people who live in a plastic, disconnected world where they live under the disillusion that they are in control of nature.

I have a book about northeast Ohio weather (where I'm from originally!).  There's a discussion about this in the chapter that covers the severe blizzard of Jan. 26-27, 1978 that struck the entire state of Ohio with extreme cold, very high winds, and heavy snow.  Basically, the commentary was that we now depend so much more on being "connected" that we may be in more jeopardy from such storms than we were in the past, as they can cripple communications more than previously.  Or something along those lines.

Archived