Newest Member
    northernriwx
Late February/March Medium - Long Range Disco

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

excuse me, are you referring to euro big storm next week, thanks in advance

Yes, 3/3 period for storm after this weekend's foe NAO signal. Big trough with PNA spike 3/8-10 but I think that sets up 50/50 potential for wave 3/12-3/15. So many waves!!

Ind euro members are pretty into the mon-tues storm. Almost half of the members show 6"+. I've seen this a few times before this season. It doesn't take much for things to go down the crapper but for now the euro digs the setup and the storm.

As HM just pointed out, things looks pretty good going forward next week. Nice pna ridge with split flow look. We aren't done for a while.

This. Really, next two weeks easy look great. I'm staring at an amazing trough signal 3/8 -3/10 but trying to think past the model. It could end up not the biggie but set up a coastal just after. The PNA split is nice then.

I might have to give Mon-tues some more credit for viability. Euro ensembles looked really good last night. All the ingredients. Pretty strong vort comes into the cali coast. Banana hp/confluece/50/50 down the line. It's kinda how we do a classic long track miller A. Doesn't look like a ton of spread on the means either. The key features are pretty defined. 

I might have to give Mon-tues some more credit for viability. Euro ensembles looked really good last night. All the ingredients. Pretty strong vort comes into the cali coast. Banana hp/confluece/50/50 down the line. It's kinda how we do a classic long track miller A. Doesn't look like a ton of spread on the means either. The key features are pretty defined. 

Yea, when I see a banana high feature in the mix, I don't worry too much about the cutting GFS solution from 0z.   Like Matt said, too bad this is 8 days away, or I'd be super excited (as would most here).    As it stands now, it's nice...something to look forward to..but still D8...and we've seen things look good before at this range only to come completely undone by D5 and hold. 

Yea, when I see a banana high feature in the mix, I don't worry too much about the cutting GFS solution from 0z.   Like Matt said, too bad this is 8 days away, or I'd be super excited (as would most here).    As it stands now, it's nice...something to look forward to..but still D8...and we've seen things look good before at this range only to come completely undone by D5 and hold. 

Agreed. The nice thing is the setup is already in place for the most part by d4. Really sweet ridging from AK to GL and fairly strong closed ull approaching the west coast. 

We all know the risks at long leads but this isn't a thread the needle. I'd more worried about a  sheared or suppressed solution than what the gfs op is showing. The gefs does favor a crappy west track attm so there are some kinks in the armor.

Yea Bob the 3rd is the "easiest" storm of all the ones we've been tracking. The setup is pretty well defined even by 120 hours...The GFS keeps showing a warmer solution because its breaking off a piece of the "PV" and sending it west, that enhances the western shortwave and weakens the would-be confluence. Thats the big issue with this event in my eyes, so watch the northern branch. Many days to iron out, but fun times ahead....

There is a 50-50 and semi-blocking so it runs into a wall...problem is there is a lot of ridging in the east....it is natural for a storm to try and cut

Pretty big differences between the euro/gfs @ h5 behind the vort. GFS wants to drop a strong vort behind the storm that pumps up heights in front but the euro is simply a wall above us. Either is plausible. Could just as easily end up sheared/weak/suppressed. Hurry up and wait. 

Pretty big differences between the euro/gfs @ h5 behind the vort. GFS wants to drop a strong vort behind the storm that pumps up heights in front but the euro is simply a wall above us. Either is plausible. Could just as easily end up sheared/weak/suppressed. Hurry up and wait. 

Yeah, I'm not sure the GFS took a step toward the Euro per se...I think it just realized the cold/confluence to our north isn't going to buckle that easy.    I'm not too worried about it (7.5 days away and all).

Archived