amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Late February/March Medium - Long Range Disco

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro and ens kinda stripe the metros with 1"+. Don't think it will be splotchy in a stripe. Just gotta hope that the stripe doesn't give us the finger

850s at BWI start around -12 and end around -15 or less, so we may have to start considering some better than usual ratios

yes...looking colder...the vort goes to our north so we need the sfc low/southern stream to inject moisture into this thing...otherwise it is just a weak disturbance coming from the west and perhaps skipping over us as the coastal takes over...

It could easily fall apart......timing will hopefully be good, and would definitely like to see it moisten up a bit...to like 0.25 - 0.35, so a better chance we get heavier rates...

I keep thinking the widespread.25+ should show up every run but the weak coastal gets going late and a bit east on all guidance. I'm thinking 1-2" with limited upside is becoming pretty clear. Still some time but nothing is showing much more.

I keep thinking the widespread.25+ should show up every run but the weak coastal gets going late and a bit east on all guidance. I'm thinking 1-2" with limited upside is becoming pretty clear. Still some time but nothing is showing much more.

I'll stick with 0.3" with high bust potential even if it moistens....I don't think the coastal will help us a whole lot....we need moisture injected into the upper level disturbance coming from the west....otherwise it is another mountain victory and a nice snow for south jersey

It could easily fall apart......timing will hopefully be good, and would definitely like to see it moisten up a bit...to like 0.25 - 0.35, so a better chance we get heavier rates...

It still looks more like a frontal passage around here than anything. There is a bit of moisture tapped but not much.. not sure how much can be in this scenario.  The offshore low track has not really gotten much better. 1-2" isn't that impossible if it's at night tho.

We have performed a number of times this winter but we have also seen some light events underperform. Just last week had that event DC was a 'lock' for .2-.35" liquid and we got 1/2" snow with most everyone getting less than models showed.

It still looks more like a frontal passage around here than anything. There is a bit of moisture tapped but not much.. not sure how much can be in this scenario.  The offshore low track has not really gotten much better. 1-2" isn't that impossible if it's at night tho.

yeah...it is a glorified front...it isn't carrying much moisture....I expect it to get wetter, but part of that is seasonal trend, which might be a bad reason....the earlier it can organize the better...we never do very well when precip magically blossoms over us...I'll of course take a 0.75" stats padder that whitens things up, but I am going to be pissed if I dont get much sleep for that

We have performed a number of times this winter but we have also seen some light events underperform. Just last week had that event DC was a 'lock' for .2-.35" liquid and we got 1/2" snow with most everyone getting less than models showed.

yeah...if we don't get front ended and we have to wait for a 2nd round we are in bad shape...I hope like that one, we see it fall apart mid afternoon, and not go in expecting 3"....

True. And the overperformers had long fetch from the s-sw. Not exactly the case here. We need to time best moisture and lift overhead. Not impossible but not the same as having easy peasy .25 that gets squeezed to .40.

yeah...it is a glorified front...it isn't carrying much moisture....I expect it to get wetter, but part of that is seasonal trend, which might be a bad reason....the earlier it can organize the better...we never do very well when precip magically blossoms over us...I'll of course take a 0.75" stats padder that whitens things up, but I am going to be pissed if I dont get much sleep for that

Definitely not impossible to moisten it a bit...there is moisture not too far off. I guess I'm sorta clouded by even raw outputs showing a low of like 30 which might be more like 32 since they seem to always run cold. Precip helps of course especially if it's not light. The airmass the next two days is decent but not great. By this time time of year it's hard to not want to see big qpf to help out as you know.

True. And the overperformers had long fetch from the s-sw. Not exactly the case here. We need to time best moisture and lift overhead. Not impossible but not the same as having easy peasy .25 that gets squeezed to .40.

we have poor upper level representation, and it isnt a system that is dumping any real snow on its path here....I still have a good feeling about this one....

we have poor upper level representation, and it isnt a system that is dumping any real snow on its path here....I still have a good feeling about this one....

As long as closer in and metro folks score a clean 1"+ I'm good. I don't think those expectations are far fetched.

There is upside of course but it sucks that this setup is another dance of lift and moisture over a relatively small area. Gotta sweat it out.

Definitely not impossible to moisten it a bit...there is moisture not too far off. I guess I'm sorta clouded by even raw outputs showing a low of like 30 which might be more like 32 since they seem to always run cold. Precip helps of course especially if it's not light. The airmass the next two days is decent but not great. By this time time of year it's hard to not want to see big qpf to help out as you know.

we should be near or below 40 on Tuesday which will help...and column wont be an issue...I'm not as worried about temps as I am about what you are....that there is no organization and we get some falling apart nonsense

As long as closer in and metro folks score a clean 1"+ I'm good. I don't think those expectations are far fetched.

There is upside of course but it sucks that this setup is another dance of lift and moisture over a relatively small area. Gotta sweat it out.

that's a suitable track to moisten up what comes from the disturbance to the west...plus it is late February when crazy explosive sh-it has a better chance of happening.

that's a suitable track to moisten up what comes from the disturbance to the west...plus it is late February when crazy explosive sh-it has a better chance of happening.

I've skipped the euro for the last 3 nights. I'm intrigued enough to hang for tonight. I keep thinking about the late Feb climo too. If it was mid Jan it would probably dry up and wither leading in. Late winter climo favors a wetter solution at least. If the euro sucks I'm going to send an invoice to Europe for 1hr of sleep

Archived